My latest Vitamin D Results

dmlonghorn

Wow, I believe batch will say take Benadryl, check for infections. A friend did the same thing and he was walking around w bad bronchitis/ pneumonia. His D came up when the antibiotics were done...  let’s see if my prediction is right. 

• Like 1

@Freud I read about what I think @Batch referred to as the cascading effect or something like that, so I started introducing benadryl  to my routine. I ended up taking 25mg every 4 hours and before bed I took 50mg. I did that for about 2 weeks until $hit started to hit the fan and I simply started forgetting to take them.

The infection piece crossed my mind but there are no current indicators and my kiddos are typically the first sign of an infection that's about to wreak havoc on the home, but they're fine. I'll keep my feelers out there.

As additional info, I checked my D3 results back from August 2018, they were 47.9 ng/mL, so progress is being made for sure.

Hey DM,

How much vitamin D3 have you been taking as a maintenance dose?  As you'll see in the following graphic a 25(OH)D response of 70 to 74.6 ng/mL is within the average response range for a vitamin D3 maintenance dose of 10,000 IU/day.  The 25(OH)D response to dose of 10,000 IU/day vitamin D3 is illustrated in the following graphic of 25(OH)D lab results from the online survey of 257 CHers taking this regimen.  It's displayed as normal distribution.

4rNVPRE.jpg

If you're still getting hit by CH at this dose, follow the treatment protocol as it says to titrate (incrementally increase) the vitamin D3 dose until you reach a CH pain free status.  Rationale:  10,000 IU/day vitamin D3 is sufficient for 80% of CHes in preventing their CH.  The other 20% need a higher vitamin D3 dose or they've an infection or allergy cooking away.  Infections and allergies consume available vitamin D3 rapidly.  This could be the culprit keeping this regimen from preventing your CH.  As suggested, taking Benadryl (Diphenhydramine), an antihistamine, can help in some cases if an allergy is the problem.

Getting back to the need for a higher serum 25(OH)D concentration and titration...  The fastest way to titrate the vitamin D3 dose is with two to four days at a loading dose of 50,000 IU/day then fall back to a maintenance dose of 15,000 IU/day.  If there's no joy after two to three days at the new maintenance dose, repeat the loading dose for two more days then drop back to a maintenance dose of 20,000 IU/day.

Feedback from several CHers who started taking the Bio-Tech D3-50 50,000 IU water soluble (micellized) form of vitamin D3 indicate this form of vitamin D3 is faster acting and more effective in preventing CH than the oil-based liquid softgel vitamin D3 formulations...  Bottom line, it may help you arrive at a CH pain free status by switching to the Bio-Tech D3-50.   I've been taking it since July of last year at a dose of one (1) Bio-Tech D3-50 capsule a week.  This has maintained my 25(OH)D up around 150 ng/mL.

The response rate to this regimen reported by CHers taking the online survey during the first 6 months of 2019 has been impressive.  90% of CHers starting this regimen are experiencing a significant reduction in the frequency of their CH in the first 30 days.  If this increase in efficacy from 80% to 90% continues, I'm of the opinion it's the Bio-Tech D3-50 that's responsible.

Take care and please keep us posted.

V/R, Batch

Edited by Batch

Hey DM,

If the CH beast is still jumping ugly, I'd take a 50,000 IU loading dose for 4 to 5 days then drop back to a new maintenance dose of 15,000 IU/day.  If there's no joy after a couple days at a maintenance dose of 15,000 IU/day, take two more days loading dose of 50,000 IU/day then drop back to 15,000 IU/day as the maintenance dose.  Slow and sure is fine for a train going up grade, but not for taking vitamin D3 to prevent CH.  Cut to the chase and elevate your serum 25(OH)D as fast as possible to get the CH pain free response.

Glad to see you're taking the Kirkland brand Adult 50+ Mature Multi.  Among its vitamin D3 cofactors is boron.  Boron plays a very special role in this regimen by down-regulating 24-Hydroxylase, the enzyme that hydroxylates vitamin D3 to 1,24,25(OH)3D3.  This is a genetically inactive vitamin D3 metabolite the body breaks down and eliminates in urine so down-regulating this enzyme prevents the needless loss of serum 25(OH)D.

Take care and please keep us posted.

V/R, Batch

Edited by Batch
  • Thanks 1