New Orleans - Help request (oxygen)

blueblood

Hey everyone --

I am just getting into a bad cycle, and unfortunately, have work travel to New Orleans from this Friday to next Thursday (Aug 9 - 16). Oxygen is my lifesaver, and I'm a little panicked trying to find an oxygen supply while I'm there.

I'm hoping there is someone in the New Orleans area who could spare one M and one E tank for a week? Happy to pay, and I have my own regulator/masks/etc. I really just need an M tank for my hotel room and an E tank for on the go (so I have some nearby meetings if I start to get shadows). I don't want to put anyone out of oxygen that they need, but if someone has a spare I'd be eternally grateful.

Thanks for reading, I'm really sort of desperate at this point. 

…..perhaps only useful for future reference.....I used Lincare travel program for trips to CA, NV, and OK...delivered E-tanks directly to hotel...same charge as home (WA)….done online...the attached link shows their NO location....

https://www.lincare.com/Location-Map/moduleId/2040/controller/Location/action/LocationList?searchState=LA

NEW ORLEANS - LINCARE INC.
1533 SAMS AVENUE SUITE D
HARAHAN, LA 70123
Phone:504-733-1702
Fax:504-733-1713

Best

Jon

10 minutes ago, jon019 said:

…..perhaps only useful for future reference.....I used Lincare travel program for trips to CA, NV, and OK...delivered E-tanks directly to hotel...same charge as home (WA)….done online...the attached link shows their NO location....

https://www.lincare.com/Location-Map/moduleId/2040/controller/Location/action/LocationList?searchState=LA

NEW ORLEANS - LINCARE INC.
1533 SAMS AVENUE SUITE D
HARAHAN, LA 70123
Phone:504-733-1702
Fax:504-733-1713

Best

Jon

Thanks Jon, I had called Lincare before and they said they only work with travel patients who are already established patients at one of their other locations. Unfortunately I am a patient with a different company (who doesn't have any NO subsidiary locations). 

Anyone know if you can just check O2 tanks into checked baggage? Kind of a pain in the ass, but without other options I could do it.

"Anyone know if you can just check O2 tanks into checked baggage? Kind of a pain in the ass, but without other options I could do it."

Absolutely not...they will laugh in your face (been there) ...it's a significant safety issue...