ClusterBusters
Dana129

Getting circumcised

I have Phimosis, basically I have a very tight foreskin and can’t pull it back, I’ve decided to go the surgery route and get circumcised, is there anything that could trigger a cluster? Like anesthetics? 

I know talking about this ain’t everyone’s cuppa tea, but I’d hate to induce an out of cycle hit when treating this

Dana

I just had a hip replacement this past Monday and had no Cluster attack caused from the surgery. I was doing well just before the operation and will be posting a thread about what is going on with me now. 

Dana, you can request that the anesthesia not contain any epinephrine. They can do that. Also, you can request that O2 at 15lpm minimum be waiting for you with a non-rebreather mask when you wake in recovery. I have requested both for a few surgeries last year. I woke from one with a hit and they were right there with my O2 cranked as requested. I did not get told to 'lie back down now' as they were told not to do that either.

One surgery I did not remember the epinephrine. I got 10 hits after I left the hospital. It was a lousy day and night.

Just tell the anesthesiologist when they come by prior to surgery.  

ATB!