Just a question

Zookah

Migraine yes.

That is why I haven't sit in a sofa for the last 40 years or lay down on my back... it comes very fast, as you say in around 20 to 30 min. I had to get used to sit always on a straight chair.I don't know how that is caused but I assume it has to do something with the pressure in the neck

siegfried

Relaxing is a trigger for me. If I have a busy or stressful day I am fine until the stress or activity ends. I get in the car to come home and can get hit or I get home and sit down to watch some TV and get hit. seems like weekends when I am more relaxed I get hit more often also. 

Same as FunTimes. Relaxation is a fairly common trigger.

I try to always keep busy, even if it's just reading or playing on my iPad or something. Keep focused, keep a to-do list. Take breaks sure, but don't totally relax or think 'everything is done now, I can relax'. 

Mox

Yep  happens every time i relax Banggggg

Just now in the middle of a nasty cycle...... I caved in got Doc to prescribe heavy dose of Pred. I know ...I know...it's nasty stuff but....wow it works.....in a day. Didn't know what else to do.  I've tried verapamil,  no worky... topiramate...no worky... O2 didn't work like it normally does...any suggestions would be appreciated...Thanks

Usually half hour to an hour and a half after laying down I get hit. Laying down is impossible when I am being hit, ratchets them up for me. I know one of my neuros asked "Do you lay down in a dark room when you get one" my reply "Oh fuck no" she kind of laughed and said that should be part of the diagnostic criteria because she gets that answer often for clusters. 

And yes, hard exertion then the relax phase I almost always get hit, thus the build up and release of tension in other activities are a guaranteed hit for me. 

I can occasionally get hit while in bed, stagger to the living room and sit in the recliner and fall back into a fitful sleep, only if it was a hit just enough to get me up and once no longer prone it drops in intensity a fraction.

Stress really keeps the beast at bay.  Most of my professional development was extremely stressful.  The beast stayed away until once I started to settle down and could enjoy the fruits of my labors.. The beast became vindictive and vengeful making up for lost  time.  Thats when I sought out help and discovered busting...life changing

Thanks for the feedback guys, I think I'm the opposite and get them when I am under stress or agitation. I don't think it's the relaxing for me as if I'm on my side or sitting straight up with my back not touching the bed or chair then i don't get one. Very interesting though!