Do you know they're coming?

morbidsubsonic

Some people, I think, call these sensations 'shadows'. I think a lot of people associate them with pain, like a normal headache. Mine tend to just feel like a dark, smoky figure hanging out in my mind, waiting to attack. A sense of dread and foreboding. 

Mox

I feel that strange sensation in my eye and pressure in my temple. I know exactly what it is and I feel like any second all hell is gonna break loose. This is the time for mine to start and I'm scared to death so much that I cant even think. I'm off the next few days and starting the mm busting tonight. I am confident this will work. 

• 3 weeks later...

I was gunna ask the same question today. I’m glad I decided to read down the threads.  I ll wake up one morning and feel a light pressure,it doesn’t hurt, it doesn’t bother me any way. I just know  from that point  it’s here and it won’t go away till the beast does.  

From my experience in this forum, most people get some warning sensation that something is coming.

I am not episodic but when a batch of these things is coming my way, the first what I feel is pressure in the right ear, then the eye start to feel like numb and swollen just like the eye area got stinged by a few wasps.

This is a great thread, and it's interesting to read how different people experience the onset of a cycle/attack. For me, it's very, very subtle. Before every attack (except those that wake me from sleep) a very slight sensation right where my neck seems to meet my skull behind the ear, could be a good 30-40 minutes before the real pain starts. At the same time, my mood changes pretty dramatically, I get quiet. I think that is more of a response to knowing what is coming, disappointment that the last one wasn't my last one. I often wait out toe 30-40 minutes to see if is just a shadow, because i don't like to waste aborts because they are so precious and hard to refill quickly/cheaply when the stockpile runs out.

I know the beast is here when I get  a light pressure around my eye    Sometimes stays like that for weeks than wham!!!  But sometimes like this year I woke up with the pressure and    Later that night it was full on war  until  a few days ago. Now when I’m a cycle I find my eye will twitch and water a bit and my neck gets real tight.  From that point I know I got roughly 15 min to prepare.   I’ve gone from 6-7 a day to two yesterday and one today so far.  I’ve done an assortment of things myself and I owe great credit to this site and my wife.   

On 8/20/2019 at 7:59 PM, morbidsubsonic said:

Do any episodic sufferers know before a cycle starts? Any strange sensation around the eye or temple, twitching eyelid ect.? I feel like I can tell beforehand when things will be getting bad soon. I was wondering if anyone has the same feelings?

Twitching eyelid definitely happens to me before my cycle. People probably think I am crazy because the couple weeks before my cycle starts when all I have going on is my eye twitching I will look at them with all the fear in my face and tell them my eyelid is twitching lol if only they knew what I was aboyt to endure they would understand why the eye twitching terrifies me. I will also say that I have a serious feeling of being depressed maybe a week before. I'm not sure if it is because the hypothalamus is sending out wrong signals or if it is because I subconsciously know its about to start

• 2 weeks later...

I am exactly the same way..... in my last cycle at this time, my doctor had wrote me off if work indefinitely. After busting this time, I'm still working and haven't had hardly any headaches and the ones I did have weren't near as bad as they could be. They were more of an annoyance than anything.

This is a very helpful group and I thank each and everyone of you. I am new here and I suffer from chronic migraines and chronic cluster headaches. I don't get a warning before I get a clustered wish I did. I get a clustered every other day up to 8 times a day now use to be like 15 a day when I get them and mirgraines everyday.