ClusterBusters
Ddikevin

Emgality for episodic

I am episodic and started a new cycle about 5 weeks ago.  Was prescribed the prednisone taper (which always works for me) and Emgality at 3 100mg injections per month as stated above.  After i finished the prednisone (about 3 weeks ago) it was time to see if Emgality was working.  I've had maybe 1-2 clusters that I would rank as above a 5/10 and a few days of just getting the feeling of a headache coming but never materializing.  The rest has been PF.  For reference, during a cycle i typically get 1 per day.  I'm pretty optimistic that the Emgality is helping.

I’m an Emgality fail. Started cycle in October. Got in right away for the two free 120 mg Emgality, Depakote, Prednisone burst and o2. HA’s stopped within a week. I’ve had that happen before with prednisone. At this point I’m still on the fence as to Emgality. Next month I pay $600 for the 3-100mg. shots. Still no HA’s. I’m optimistic. 3 weeks later HA’s are back with a vengeance. A week later I pay $600 for another round of Emgality and it did nothing. HA’s continued to get worse.. up to 8 a day/night. Sleep is a big trigger for me. Even O2 had a hard time aborting the attacks. The only good news is, after a month of pure terror, I should start winding down this cycle. I want my freakin’ $1200 back because Emgality didn’t do shit. It was the Prednisone that gave me the initial relief and O2 got me through the peak period. Bummer. I had high hopes for that stuff. Another failed treatment.