You Know the Ironic Thing About Cluster Headaches?

BKP

32 minutes ago, Dallas Denny said:

B14oNsg5tJS._AC_CLa_2140,2000_71wlidPYKCL.png_0,0,2140,2000+0.0,0.0,2140.0,2000.0._UL1500_.png

LoL, that's awesome. I'm afraid if I wear it, I'm going to get a million questions like "What's the beast"? Then when you tell them cluster headaches, they've never heard of them, then you have to explain it again and again.  Anymore, my quick answer to them as far as the pain is, imagine a brain freeze that lasts for 15 min up to 3 hours. Then they're horrified, lol.

@BKP

Exactly why I never use the term "headache" outside the confines of these online support forums or in the company of another clusterhead!

I have a neurological disorder called Trigeminal autonomic cephalalgia which causes extremely painful head and facial pain.

And, I also use the brain freeze analogy when describing the pain to a non clusterhead!

DD

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Dallas Denny said:

@BKP

Exactly why I never use the term "headache" outside the confines of these online support forums or in the company of another clusterhead!

I have a neurological disorder called Trigeminal autonomic cephalalgia which causes extremely painful head and facial pain.

And, I also use the brain freeze analogy when describing the pain to a non clusterhead!

DD

I'm going to start using that too. Trigeminal autonomic cephalalgia.....if I can remember all of that in the moment, lol.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, plhbn said:

Ah yes I know the feeling well. My brain really works at a very high level  for a period afterwards also. Memory is excellent and thought is clear and focused. 

I also verbalize more just after-I survived again. 

WOW...exactly!!!....used to almost wish for a cycle when I had to write for work....lots of us get the euphoria....but this I've never seen before... wish it was harnessable w/o the CH.....

• Like 1

I'm a masochist in the BDSM lifestyle, and I tend to play pretty hard. Well, hard in respects to other people in the lifestyle, still pretty tame compared to a cluster attack. I think I've had a sadist top out at around 4 on my cluster pain scale. And that was pretty serious play. After, and during such play, the endorphins take us to a place we call 'subspace', which is similar to deep mediation. You become detached from the body and the mind can flow freely. Of course there is also often (not always) a sexual element at well, and orgasms can be pretty mind blowing.

I find it very interesting to play with extreme pain in a good way, while also hating extreme bad pain such as migraines and clusters. I truly have a love/hate relationship with pain. But when I can control it, it's pretty amazing. 

Mox

• Thanks 1

• 2 years later...
On 10/10/2019 at 10:22 PM, MoxieGirl said:

I'm a masochist in the BDSM lifestyle, and I tend to play pretty hard. Well, hard in respects to other people in the lifestyle, still pretty tame compared to a cluster attack. I think I've had a sadist top out at around 4 on my cluster pain scale. And that was pretty serious play. After, and during such play, the endorphins take us to a place we call 'subspace', which is similar to deep mediation. You become detached from the body and the mind can flow freely. Of course there is also often (not always) a sexual element at well, and orgasms can be pretty mind blowing.

I find it very interesting to play with extreme pain in a good way, while also hating extreme bad pain such as migraines and clusters. I truly have a love/hate relationship with pain. But when I can control it, it's pretty amazing. 

Mox

On 10/10/2019 at 10:22 PM, MoxieGirl said:

Mox

I enjoy orgasm and being submissive in order to cast out my temporal attack of cluster . 

On 10/9/2019 at 6:17 PM, jon019 said:

WOW...exactly!!!....used to almost wish for a cycle when I had to write for work....lots of us get the euphoria....but this I've never seen before... wish it was harnessable w/o the CH.....

On 10/9/2019 at 6:17 PM, jon019 said:

To me? Juss defined how i experience it.. sigh ~~  he said he talks in tongues. LoL but I'm afraid i do also. Hyper & w strong urge to talk abt it & talkin in tongues LoL... but during  chas- so,  I'm a wee bit hard to take ;) Thank you - to everyone here .