ClusterBusters
Brain on fire

2019 Conference how is/was it?

@dmlonghorn

@Brain on fire

Tim Flanagan is having issues getting out of Houston bound for big D on Greyhound as well.......a couple others have reported rain delays but are enroute......Freud missed his flight but will be here this evening!

Hugged lots of old friends and made some new ones already....lots of first timers which is way cool!!!

Just saw Batch when he arrived and got to visit with doc B for a spell

Eileen and Andrew were able to get the pdf doc of the grow demos downloaded from my phone and clusterbusters is going to host it so it will be available via a link after the conference.....and.....BobW informed me yesterday that a film crew is coming today to film a run thru of tomorrow's grow demo sessions!!  I wish to hell they'd hurry up cuz it's damn sure 5 o'clock somewhere and I'm gettin fairly damned thirsty!

Great venue for a conference thus far and Presidents reception coming up shortly!!

Since I'm severely technically challenged and have real issues with uploading pics here, I'm going to see if I can get a couple folks to send me their photos to put up on dropbox and will post the link!

Later ya'll

Quick update before I pass out!!  Great turnout with many new faces!!  Had an awesome time at the Presidents reception!

I spoke to one of the clusterbusters board of directors (and official conference photographer) this evening and she will submit all of her photos to our Website person so she can make them available to the forum!!

And, the film crew isn't coming til tomorrow so they'll actually be filming one of the grow demos that will be included in an upcoming clusterbusters documentary!!

Tim made it already and 2 other folks gave up on getting out of the airport, took an uber to greyhound and are on a bus headed this way!

And had the pleasure of meeting Freud and FunTimes......but theres severals that I haven't met yet although I know they're here!  Looks like we'll easily top 200 attendees....don't think it will break the record but it's a long way from the 40ish bunch of us in 2010!!

G'nite ya'll

Home safe!!  Another phenomenal conference, we are so blessed by Bob, Eileen and and the many volunteers who tireless efforts give our tribe the opportunity to gather like this every year!! 

It was so very cool to meet sooo many 1st timers who are relatively new comers in this community!.

Its amazing how much this thing has grown since my first in Portland 2009!  The agenda has become so full of speakers that we need 1 more conference day so it's not quite as busy and we have more time to socialize!

I'll post later about the highlights but for now I'm about to go lay on the bed and inspect the back of my eyelids for a couple hours!!

DD

This was my first year. 21 years I’ve felt alone in this battle. This year reached one of the lowest points and decided I needed to go. Left with a renewed hope and lots of information. Above all though,  after 21 yrs... not alone in this anymore. I can’t put into words the freedom that comes with that. Thank you to all who spent countless hours teaching me, listening to me,  and genuinely showing concern.   I’m sure to be back next year in Chicago

Ben

A great big thank you you to everyone whose efforts brought this year’s conference into existence, and to all the attendees, whether I met you or not. Suffering from such a rare, isolated, and isolating affliction, it was heart lifting for me to see a tribe of us all together.

I can’t thank all those of you who were fun to meet and those who were helpful...nonetheless, it was great to finally meet IRL among many others @Psiloscribe @Freud @dmlonghorn @Batch @Dallas Denny and our fabulous enlightened First Presenter.

(I lust after the phone case.)

love to all

Into Light

It was a great conference and I did not want it to end, even when the hotel staff kicked us off the back patio.

I have already registered for the next conference in Chicago, so I am officially counting down the days until the next one.

@Txfire I'm glad you enjoyed your first conference and came away with some information to fight the beast.  The most important thing is understanding there is hope and that you are not alone.  There are a lot of people who get it and are willing to help.  I don't know if I met you this time, so hopefully we will meet next time in Chicago.

@Into Light It was nice meeting you at the conference and putting a face behind the screen name. Good luck to you.

Chris

It was my first conference. Amazing!!!! It was a joy to meet so many members after all these years. Having the opportunity to talk to new people was terrific. It was super special to be able to talk to them in person and perhaps provide a bit of new information.  

It was a lot of information to absorb over two days! 

I was more than shocked to have some people come up to me and say " I know you spiny!!!!'  Yes, I finally came off my mountain! Shadowed a bit for a day, but otherwise, I had no issues with a cycle starting there or when I got home. 

Many thanks to Bob for making this happen! And thanks for pushing me to go! :wub: 

Thank you to all that made the conference happen, and all that attended.  It was my first one, but won't be my last.  So much great information that it can't all be consumed in one weekend.  To meet (in person) so many of the people that together pulled me from the abyss 3 years ago was overwhelming.  I've never choked back so many tears, time after time.  I do have one question regarding the venue, did everyone's reading room have the same deluxe lighting as mine did?

Ed

Reading Room.jpeg

No, my bathroom did not have that kind of lighting, but I wish it did, haha.

Every room in the hotel had a very trippy eyeball painting with a star in the middle of it, though.