Boost Oxygen on Shark Tank

andy63thisyear

A few things about the boost oxygen that stick out to me are it is 95% oxygen and that is lower then the medical grade witch may not be that big of a deal and only take longer to abort the attack. The bigger issue I see is that even the largest canister they have is only 10 liters of oxygen, I use E size tanks very often and even when my hits are not that bad I average about 4 aborts per tanks. A E tanks holds about 680 liters of oxygen so I use about 170 liters per attack. I did not see the pressure the boost can is at so I have no idea if the flow rate would be fast enough to support your breathing during a attack.

Dont get me wrong, if I were stuck out on the road with nothing at all I would not turn this option down but I do not think I would spend to much time or energy stocking up on them when you can set up a welding tank and get much better results with a larger tank. 

I think that if you put 'Boost oxygen' in the search bar, you will find some info from a year or two ago. I had planned to buy some just to see if it would help, but didn't get over to Boone to get them. They might be worth having for a road trip as insurance. But, see if you can find more info in the old threads. 

There is not enough O2 either by concentration or volume to be very helpful.  I tried it a couple of times to see if it would work for me.  I respond to O2 in traditional delivery for clusters very well.  The O2 in boost was not noticeable and did not respond better than hyperventilation alone and was inferior (my individual impression) to a 5 hour energy.  Its marketed overtly for altitude issues and covertly for hangover treatment.  It might be good for one of the two.  I suspect any effect would be short lived and largely placebo.

• Like 1

...just do the math....one hit at a typical 10-15 LPM for 10-15 min would be 16 cans (plus no mask and <100% O2)....at $15 ea that's ca $240....makes the drive down to the welding shop with a box of donuts for the boys a worthwhile trip...

Image result for Just Say Moe Howard

• Like 1