Wisdom teeth

kat_92

Has anyone had their wisdom teeth affect the specific side of their face? The cycle for my attacks started early July and while my tooth/jaw pain was mild, the last 2 days I haven’t even been able to chew on the left side (my cluster side) I looked in the mirror and saw my wisdom tooth might be coming in. Wondering if this pain is related to clusters (they’re getting worse?) or my wisdom tooth. The back molar is sore to the touch. The pain is also there all day long, no flare ups with headaches. 

Kat 

The Trigeminal Nerve runs above top teeth and below lower teeth.   Often people will complain about tooth pain when in a cycle.   It also could be wisdom teeth coming in.    

Further reaching, I was recently diagnosed with Trigeminal Neuralgia, which is different than Cluster Headaches.  I currently have the TN on left and Cluster cycle on right.   The TN has gone down to a fraction of what it was a week or so ago, but I would describe the pain of TN to be very close to CH, except I felt it more in the gum line's, and teeth centralizing right on my jaw hinge point  (I swear I could feel my heartbeat in my teeth).   It was like a CH in my jaw, same nerve, almost same pain, but for a day or two, didn't relate at all to Clusters during that time.   O2 didn't help it.   

Numerous CHers have had teeth pulled due to pain they thought was coming from a tooth. Unfortunately, having the tooth pulled did not cure their CH. Can't cure it. 

I would advise having a check with your dentist regarding the wisdom tooth. It can cause decay in your 12 year molar and you don't want to lose that!