I’m new here. So happy to find this place!!

Seth

Hello everyone.  I’m new here but have been dealing with CH for 9 years.  I’m currently in a cycle and it’s horrible.  I’m 49.  I just read on here that these don’t ever go away permanently.  My doctor said they will but as I’m learning doctors don’t know too much about these but all of you good people seem to know what’s really going on and for that I am so very grateful.  I want to try this “busting”” technique.  Can someone post a link to what I need to do.  I’ll try anything...seriously.  Thank you all so much!!!!!

Seth, click on the blue banner for "new users" at the top of the page for basic information about busting.  Then ask questions (at one of the "restricted" sections here -- "share your busting stories" or "theory and implementation").

Suggest you read this file for an overview of things you can do/should be doing: https://clusterbusters.org/forums/topic/6213-basic-non-busting-information/

Sometimes they go away, or you might have a long remission, but -- sorry to say -- your doctor was mostly wrong.

Edited by CHfather

1 minute ago, CHfather said:

Seth, click on the blue banner for "new users" at the top of the page for basic information about busting.  Then ask questions (at one of the "restricted" sections here -- "share your busting stories" or "theory and implementation."

Suggest you read this file for an overview of things you can do/should be doing: https://clusterbusters.org/forums/topic/6213-basic-non-busting-information/

Sometimes they go away, or you might have a long remission, but -- sorry to say -- your doctor was mostly wrong.

Thank you so much!!!!!!

Just want to say how grateful I am that I found this group.  I think I will try to get a oxygen tank and try that too.  Last night I was hit at 9:30pm and it lasted to 1:30am.  That was the longest one so far in the 9 years I’ve been getting them.  The odd thing about this cycle is sometimes it skips a day and I get hit at different times during the day. In years past they always came on at the same time each day.
Has anyone else experienced getting them at different times each day?

....check your journal...you know, the one you keep on when, where, how hard, how long, activities, eats, stress, weather, etc..... soes you (and maybe a good doc) can figure this out (and then stop journaling)....cuz it sounds like maybe there's "something" happening one day but not the next (like weekend headaches from no caffeine)....we call 'em "triggers"...

....another thought......if yur fairly new to CH it could be your "pattern" has not settled in yet...for some it takes a while (1 yr for me)................

Edited by jon019
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, jon019 said:

....check your journal...you know, the one you keep on when, where, how hard, how long, activities, eats, stress, weather, etc..... soes you (and maybe a good doc) can figure this out (and then stop journaling)....cuz it sounds like maybe there's "something" happening one day but not the next (like weekend headaches from no caffeine)....we call 'em "triggers"...

....another thought......if yur fairly new to CH it could be your "pattern" has not settled in yet...for some it takes a while (1 yr for me)................

8 minutes ago, jon019 said:

Very helpful.  Thank you for your response!!

I think Seth meant to post this here:

Crazy thing, this my 3rd cycle. And, also on this one, it will skip a day, skip almost two days and come back. And also the time of episodes have varied. I’m episodic and seems to be every 2 years (2015, 2017, now 2019). These clusters super suck, I tried explain it to co-workers as at times I need run off and deal w/ this crap. But, explaining really don’t bring justice. No obvious open wound or blood shown, people don’t understand to much. But, this my first cycle really using oxygen, finally got this doc to prescribe me. Last cycle, she literally told me during a visit and discussion that, “I just gotta deal with it”! Tell me how yal feel about that. I was hot and damn near cried, like this stupid darn ......... Oh well, thanks be to “God” always. 

2 hours ago, ThatHurtsMyHead said:

I think Seth meant to post this here:

Crazy thing, this my 3rd cycle. And, also on this one, it will skip a day, skip almost two days and come back. And also the time of episodes have varied. I’m episodic and seems to be every 2 years (2015, 2017, now 2019). These clusters super suck, I tried explain it to co-workers as at times I need run off and deal w/ this crap. But, explaining really don’t bring justice. No obvious open wound or blood shown, people don’t understand to much. But, this my first cycle really using oxygen, finally got this doc to prescribe me. Last cycle, she literally told me during a visit and discussion that, “I just gotta deal with it”! Tell me how yal feel about that. I was hot and damn near cried, like this stupid darn ......... Oh well, thanks be to “God” always. 

Thank you for your reply.  It means so much knowing that all of you are here to talk to.  Seriously!!!!