Jump to content

Question regarding flying during a cycle...


Recommended Posts

I would be sure that I had arranged for oxygen on the other end.

I would consider how effective certain strategies are for aborting in my particular case. Energy shots, triptans, a SPUT . … .   (You can look up SPUT -- or anything else -- by using the search bar at the top right of the page.)

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CHfather said:

I would be sure that I had arranged for oxygen on the other end.

I would consider how effective certain strategies are for aborting in my particular case. Energy shots, triptans, a SPUT . … .   (You can look up SPUT -- or anything else -- by using the search bar at the top right of the page.)

Thank you!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

The TSA is very specific these days about what they are checking for -explosives! Not any meds or other stuff. 

Once you are through the TSA checkpoint, you can buy drinks in the shops on the concourse that you are allowed to take on the plane. 

I recently took on this hurdle after avoiding flying for 15 years. Got through just fine. Had shadows all one day after the flight, but that was it. It was over the Equinox which is my traditional start date, so, pretty scary!  However, I was not in cycle nor did it precipitate one. :) 

Good luck! If you have a SPUT, take it as a preventative. It isn't explosive! ;) 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, spiny said:

The TSA is very specific these days about what they are checking for -explosives! Not any meds or other stuff. 

Once you are through the TSA checkpoint, you can buy drinks in the shops on the concourse that you are allowed to take on the plane. 

I recently took on this hurdle after avoiding flying for 15 years. Got through just fine. Had shadows all one day after the flight, but that was it. It was over the Equinox which is my traditional start date, so, pretty scary!  However, I was not in cycle nor did it precipitate one. :) 

Good luck! If you have a SPUT, take it as a preventative. It isn't explosive! ;) 

Thank you for this information.  This place is great.  :)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just replied to the other thread about flying - I fly every week for work. No choice in the matter if I want my bills paid. 

I've not been able to attribute a CH to the flight or the pressure/altitude change itself. If I'm off cycle, nothing happens. If I'm in a cycle, something else will trigger the CH. Most of my flights are non-eventful. 

That said, if I do get a CH while airborne, they are particularly severe. Sitting in a confined noisy space just makes everything suck more. 

I always travel with my sumatriptan injectors, and am not shy about injecting right there in my seat. 

Arranging oxygen at my destination is problematic. First off, I don't regularly use it, even at home. I've had problems getting it prescribed and maybe I'll look into welding supply - learned that one here. But getting it set up at the far end for flights just won't work for me, since I cover 18 states in my territory and I can't predict where I'm going to be from one week to the next. Just can't manage the logistics.

Triptan injectors are my only saving grace - but to be clear, it's not the flight itself that's a problem, its being away from home in a new or confined space with few options and increased stress levels.  

Hope this helps. Your mileage may vary. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, signals61 said:

Just replied to the other thread about flying - I fly every week for work. No choice in the matter if I want my bills paid. 

I've not been able to attribute a CH to the flight or the pressure/altitude change itself. If I'm off cycle, nothing happens. If I'm in a cycle, something else will trigger the CH. Most of my flights are non-eventful. 

That said, if I do get a CH while airborne, they are particularly severe. Sitting in a confined noisy space just makes everything suck more. 

I always travel with my sumatriptan injectors, and am not shy about injecting right there in my seat. 

Arranging oxygen at my destination is problematic. First off, I don't regularly use it, even at home. I've had problems getting it prescribed and maybe I'll look into welding supply - learned that one here. But getting it set up at the far end for flights just won't work for me, since I cover 18 states in my territory and I can't predict where I'm going to be from one week to the next. Just can't manage the logistics.

Triptan injectors are my only saving grace - but to be clear, it's not the flight itself that's a problem, its being away from home in a new or confined space with few options and increased stress levels.  

Hope this helps. Your mileage may vary. 

Thank you so much for your reply!!!!   This information is very helpful.   Again...thank you!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...