Oxygen usage

Dlions20

Has anyone experienced rebound headaches with oxygen? 

i used it for the first time last night and after 10 minutes at 15 l/m, it seemed to go away. There was a little tingling still but I didn’t want to go too long my first time. 30 minutes later It came back, but it was a little different feeling than usual. Advil took that one way, didn’t want to take more oxygen. 

There isn't really a "too long."  20 minutes is fine, and so is longer on occasions when it might be necessary.  You want to be sure the attack is fully extinguished, or it will come back. The general advice here is to keep using the O2 for at least 5 minutes after the attack is fully gone. That seems to prevent the kind of recurrence you experienced.

• Like 2

O2 worked for my father similar to what others described.  20 - 30 minutes at the onset and he was fine, but he had to get it right away.  I tried it for about 2 years and it seemed to me that I would cath it too early and simply delayed the headache (or get a rebound).  Or, too late and it would take the edge off, but not enough to be able to remain still.  I was not able to find the correct timing.  Running for 20 minutes at the onset does abort the headache for me, almost 100% of the time.