Finding the way here

Pebblesthecorgi

This is kinda random.  I "googled "cluster headaches" from inside the US and went through 6 pages of "hits" without finding clusterbusters or any of the sites that support cluster sufferers.  You end up with what I suspect are paid positions and a few articles from the popular press.  I think back all those years ago I was desperately seeking assistance and landed here.  I'm not sure if I were looking today I'd find this site.  Not sure if anything can be done about this.  Maybe its better the profile is low given the discussion topics but gee whiz these discussions are truly life saving.

• Like 1

Interestingly, when I use DuckDuckGo, CB is at the bottom of the third page, roughly as far down as it is on Bing, slightly higher than it is on Google.  Maybe it takes into account your own preferences in making recommendations, spiny.  It makes perfect sense to me that standard medical sites like WebMD, Mayo Clinic, etc., are listed higher than CB at these search engines.  Those are where people look for basic medical information. And Wikipedia.  Google's search algorithm has more than 200 variables, but of course a big one is how many people seem to use and rely on the site.

I'm sure our web experts have tried all the SEO gimmicks to try to get CB higher.  

Every day people show up at Facebook groups with the kinds of issues that we address here. I used to try to be helpful at one of them (started by ex-CB members), but it wasn't my cup of tea.  I encouraged people there who were interested in busting to come here, but very few (if any) did.  But if that's where the people are these days, and if one wants to be helpful to more people, that's probably where to go. It's a pretty nice community, really.  Specific busting information is often provided there by people who are using their real names (another thing I didn't want to do).

2 hours ago, Pebblesthecorgi said:

too much drama in the FB world in my opinion.  If you want level headed info this is the only real option

I agree about the quality of advice and support here, thanks to you as well as a bunch of other great folks.  Just sayin' that the reality seems to be that traffic here is probably going to stay about the same, and there's more action over at FB.  In some ways, it's interesting that as many people get here as do.  I found CB because it was mentioned in Dr. Sewell's poster from 2009 or thereabouts.  Does CB do any kind of "How did you learn about us?" survey with new members?  

@CHfather. I found the old clustercluster.com site in 2007 by clicking  the "clusterbusters" in the old ch dot com navigation bar.....it was strictly a website then with all of the info that's in Tommy D's files and there was one of those password protected "Yahoo groups" for discussion......I know the vast majority of us who joined this forum when it went live came from DJ's board because the launch was announced there so have no idea how we would have found this place thru a search back then!!

Bless you DJ!

Dallas Denny 

• Like 2

I found our sister site first. Clusterheadaches.com Then I came here from there. That is the site Denny is referring to in his post. I was doing the massive search for any info on CH for hours every night. Many here have done that one. :) 

CHF, you may be right. It would be higher for me as I come here and I enter it on DDG on occasion. So, it makes sense.

The FB group is a good one, but there is 'drama' and some who know little to nothing handing out info that is not correct in some cases.They have tried to make it work and expended a lot of effort doing so! But, people are people and that brings drama. There are some bad ones on FB too! Say 'mushroom' and they toss you out of the group.  

So far as I know CHF, we do not inquire how people found us.