Getting treatment in Scotland

nick overy

Just wondering what other peoples experiences are in Scotland in getting diagnosed with ch and if they were able to get oxygen prescribed on the nhs ? I have been having ch for over 4 years now and my gp's don't seem very proactive . They did refer me to a neurologist after a couple of years complaining but have never been diagnosed me with ch but just general migraine/headaches . I am on Zomig Nasal spray (zolmitriptan ) and verapamil . Would be very interested if anyone in Scotland gets oxygen on the nhs and how they got prescribed it.

nick, I don't know whether there's anyone from Scotland here.  I think I vaguely remember a woman from Scotland at the Facebook page that is called "Cluster Headaches (Trigeminal Autonomic Cephalagia)."  There are some people here who are active at that FB page who might be able to tell you more.  I remember the name of the person I'm thinking of as something like Ainslie Course.   You should also look up the website for OUCH-UK.  It's my understanding that they can be very helpful, particularly for obtaining oxygen.  [I see jon' just posted about that.]

Edited by CHfather

Remember Flash is a Scotsman and the first person to observe LSD had a positive effect on his cluster headaches.   He then went on to report mushrooms seemed to have a similar benefit.  Of course this was in the early days of the internet and he was on an interest board where skepticism was high.  Eventually Bob Wold (cluster busters founding father) took up the mantel and brought this treatment option closer to the light of day.  There is a Scot on the cluster headache facebook group who also has a medical background.  She may be able to help you navigate local resources. 

• Like 1