Old man tripping...

Xeno

Tripping is a young manÂ’s sport. But, when you weigh tripping or suicide from 16 CH per day, dosing wins out.

Having been a part of the 60’s and 70’s and not recalling much of it all too clearly... trepidation certainly enveloped me like a wet blanket -- obviating all of the typical advance recommended preparations for an “enjoyable trip.” (Music, lighting, snacks, water, wine, naked women, etc.)

It turned out all of my trepidations were unfounded. I naturally assumed that after so many years finding my own eddy in the river of life -- where I was comfortable -- there was still a lot to learn. Not just about myself, but about the universe. (However, I really did like to find that I like who I am.)

I think that is the key to any trip. If you know who you are and like who you areÂ… nothing you encounter will negatively affect you. (Curiously, most CH sufferers I have met are some of the best people I have ever met.) Liking yourself and who you are should not be difficult, then.

Like anyone else, I have my own shortcomings (which are often exemplified when tripping) but found those inner-reflections to be growth-building, rather than condemnations…. disproving the old adage that “you cannot teach an old dog new tricks.”

I know there are a lot of “old-foggies” like myself who would never think of dosing… for a multitude of reasons. But, weighing the burden on your family and friends that you CH’s impose (not to mention the torture on yourself) I proffer that the benefits outweigh any downside that may be preconceived.

I am here to write this, now, rather than the alternative.

I am here to write this, now, rather than the alternative.

and im glad you are.  ;)

i never made the connection between ch and tripping back when i could get it. $5 = 12 to 14 hours of an unstoppable buzz back then. wish i would have stocked up on it. non the less im am surely thankful that there is something on this earth that works.

weighing the burden on your family and friends that you CHÂ’s impose (not to mention the torture on yourself) I proffer that the benefits outweigh any downside that may be preconceived

I agree completely. 

Our mindset is so important before dosing.  There have been a few times when I've been in so much CH pain that I HAD to dose despite my life situation being in complete turmoil.  The only time this led to a bad experience was when I didn't have a sitter to help distract me/pull me out of it.  (I love my sitters!)

Now you have me wondering if maybe I didn't have my setting complete.  I had the music, lighting, water, snacks - but I was missing the wine and naked women.  ;)

Yes,

dosing wins out

i can dose by myself. ive done it so much when i was younger i dont really think about it much. worst thing that happens to me is i loose shit :D

In the mid 70's I lived in Miami.  We used to go to a cow pasture outside Ft. Lauderdale to pick shrooms.

This guy I worked with from California (married to a gorgeous girl  from Sweden) had never tried psilo.  He was one of those people that just seemed to always have his act together, no matter what life threw at him.

After asking me to pick him some shrooms, I gave him about 20 or so.  I told him to be careful and that he shouldn't take more than 2 or 3.  I don't know if they used all of them or not, but his wife made spaghetti with them. 

I ran into him later that night, and his pupils looked like saucers. 

He told me about eating the spaghetti and said that it was all great fun until the walls of their apartment started to melt.  He said he knew he had to get out of there, but when he opened the door to their apartment, he literally shit his pants.  He said it was quite an ordeal trying to clean himself up.

Just goes to show, no matter how much you have your shit together, it can all come undone in a moment.  ;D

i can dose by myself. ive done it so much when i was younger i dont really think about it much. worst thing that happens to me is i loose shit :D

In the mid 70's I lived in Miami.  We used to go to a cow pasture outside Ft. Lauderdale to pick shrooms.

This guy I worked with from California (married to a gorgeous girl  from Sweden) had never tried psilo.  He was one of those people that just seemed to always have his act together, no matter what life threw at him.

After asking me to pick him some shrooms, I gave him about 20 or so.  I told him to be careful and that he shouldn't take more than 2 or 3.  I don't know if they used all of them or not, but his wife made spaghetti with them. 

I ran into him later that night, and his pupils looked like saucers. 

He told me about eating the spaghetti and said that it was all great fun until the walls of their apartment started to melt.  He said he knew he had to get out of there, but when he opened the door to their apartment, he literally shit his pants.  He said it was quite an ordeal trying to clean himself up.

Just goes to show, no matter how much you have your shit together, it can all come undone in a moment.  ;D

;D