Searching for more research information

Sloankat

Good evening,
I am searching for something that may not exist. I cannot find any good, (by good I really mean, "Official looking") articles supporting existence of current legitimate research studies going on or results of previous studies definitively supporting the use of psilocybin for the treatment of cluster headaches. 

Shortest version of my story - through the miracle of the internet I discovered mushrooms as a potential treatment of cluster headache in the early 2000's. I was scared to try for some time. My husband encouraged me, having done every type of recreational drug many times in his youth before we were together - he was not hesitant. He procured the mushrooms for me from someone he new. I finally tried it. I did a tiny dose and had almost zero "symptoms" (just a little easier to grin and laugh) and he did a normal dose with me because he "just wanted to". Anyway, this changed my life. It has ALWAYS worked for me! I'm episodic. I busted after onset of symptoms a few times, then preventatively, microdosed, once a year for a few years. Then only as needed as my remission, I realized, was for years. My latest remission has gone on for about 6 or 7 years I think (estimating - I should keep better records). 

Fast forward: Now in the middle of an extremely high conflict divorce. Husband is now accusing me of being a "drug abuser" because of my occasional micro-dosing for treatment of CH. I really need something presentable in court as potential evidence/support of my use of the mushroom microdoses. 

If anyone has a recommended link, I'd be SO appreciative. 

Thanks in advance!

Well, the original report, from authors at Harvard Medical School (at least that's where Halpern was, I don't know about Pope, and Sewall was either at Harvard or Yale then), was here: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16801660.

You could certainly argue that Yale would not mess with research into psilo and CH without a sound basis, and Yale Medical School is now leading a clinical trial into the effects of psilo on CH. https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02981173

• 11 months later...
On 12/2/2019 at 9:12 PM, Sloankat said:

Good evening,
I am searching for something that may not exist. I cannot find any good, (by good I really mean, "Official looking") articles supporting existence of current legitimate research studies going on or results of previous studies definitively supporting the use of psilocybin for the treatment of cluster headaches. 

Shortest version of my story - through the miracle of the internet I discovered mushrooms as a potential treatment of cluster headache in the early 2000's. I was scared to try for some time. My husband encouraged me, having done every type of recreational drug many times in his youth before we were together - he was not hesitant. He procured the mushrooms for me from someone he new. I finally tried it. I did a tiny dose and had almost zero "symptoms" (just a little easier to grin and laugh) and he did a normal dose with me because he "just wanted to". Anyway, this changed my life. It has ALWAYS worked for me! I'm episodic. I busted after onset of symptoms a few times, then preventatively, microdosed, once a year for a few years. Then only as needed as my remission, I realized, was for years. My latest remission has gone on for about 6 or 7 years I think (estimating - I should keep better records). 

Fast forward: Now in the middle of an extremely high conflict divorce. Husband is now accusing me of being a "drug abuser" because of my occasional micro-dosing for treatment of CH. I really need something presentable in court as potential evidence/support of my use of the mushroom microdoses. 

If anyone has a recommended link, I'd be SO appreciative. 

Thanks in advance!

So i to have seasonal clusters,have all my life,2 yrs ago,after research..the ch starts at your central nervous system...theres research on ch and marijuana....look up what marijuana does right off the top upon smoked..thc receptors attach them selves to your central nervous system receptors..bam no more ch..so in no dr. But im proof that any drug that effects the central nervous system receptors will stop a cluster headache right from the start...id testify to it anyday...

I'm glad you've found something that helps you @Kenny scott, but I am in total disagreement with your view of the efficacy of cannabis in the treatment of clusters!!

I know entirely too many clusterheads for who cannabis is a trigger, and I know many more like myself who aren't triggered by its use but who find zero help from it either.

Dallas Denny 

• Like 2