Upping D3 intake

Geisha

Hi all, hope everyone is having a good Christmas period.

I have been episodic since 2001, this site is great it has really saved me and I am thankful to the Cluster Buster community. Oxygen, busting, D3 regime and low carb diet have really helped me.

Apologies in advance for asking this if it has been already been answered within the forum. I have not been in a cycle since March but have been getting shadows the last few weeks but with no attack so far.

I have upped my D3 intake from 10,000 to 20,000 combining this with fish oil, K2, magnesium and a multi vitamin taking these once a day with food at night.

Should I keep doing this if I am experiencing the shadows or should I take 10,000 of D3 with the fish oil, magnesium and multi vitamin twice daily? Or any other suggestions welcome :)

Thanks

Ohayou Geisha,

You're on the right track upping the daily maintenance dose to 20,000 IU/day.  There are a couple other things to try.  The first is to take a 50,000 IU/day loading dose of vitamin D3 for two to three days then drop back to your usual maintenance dose.  If you're still experiencing shadows after three days of loading, add another day or two of the50,000 IU/day loading dose. The second thing is switch to the Bio-Tech D3-50 50,000 IU water soluble form of vitamin D3.  Many of us have found it to be faster acting with a higher bioequivalence in elevating serum 25(OH)D3 as the same dose of the oil-based liquid softgel vitamin D3 formulations.

I1fb9Dm.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Bio-Tech-D3-50-50-000-200/dp/B00IAQUJH0

I buy it from amazon.com.  Due to its higher bioequivalence, most CHers, me included, take one D3-50 a week as a maintenance dose.  That works out to an average of 7,140 IU/day.  If that's not enough to keep the CH symptoms away, decrease the dosing interval to one capsule every 6 days.  That said, some CHers, usually the chronic types, need to reduce the dosing interval to one capsule every other day to remain CH pain free.

It's a good idea to double the magnesium dose while loading from 400 mg/day up to 800 mg/day split 400 mg with breakfast and 400 mg with the evening meal to prevent osmotic diarrhea.  It's best to take these supplements 10 minutes after eating the largest meal of the day.  Stomach acid is highest at this point to digest the food you've eaten and this also helps dissolve the supplements for better absorption and less GI tract problems.

Take care and please keep us posted.

V/R, Batch

• 3 weeks later...