Great news about my O2!

kat_92

I’m starting out the new year with the best news ever. I am not out of cycle, I am still getting hit...but...(drumroll) I FOUND AN OXYGEN SUPPLIER THAT ALLOWS ME MULTIPLE TANKS AT ONCE!  This is huge. Finding oxygen in Miami has been super challenging. It’s $70 per tank without insurance. Oh well. At this point I care more about being stocked up. Thus far I have an M tank in my living room and I would like to get an E tank or an M60 for the car...I work nights as a bartender and that’s when I usually get hit so it would be nice to run out to the car during my shift. My question is, how to safely travel with an O2 tank in the car and which size is better. 

I hope everyone is feeling okay today. 

Kat 

I have O2 in my car 24/7 through all seasons.  The easiest way is to treat it like a baby and treat it similar.  Wrapped in a blanket behind the front seats, on the floor not the rear seat.  Secure it enough so it does not roll or slide.  You don;t want the tank flying around if you break hard or get hit.  There are some rules about securing from the police/DOT but keeping it low in the car on the floorboards and wrapped so it doesnt slide meets the spirit of the law.  Remember large numbers of people have lung disease and require constant O2 so its lugged around in large numbers (especially in Florida which is replete with old folks).  Having it in your car is no big deal.  

51 minutes ago, kat_92 said:

@Pebblesthecorgi thank you! Do I need to have the tank capped or can I have the regulator hooked up with the mask and everything? My mom is worried about starting the car with the tank in the car 

There are many things I worry about. Starting a car with an O2 tank in the trunk isn't one of them.

I carry a smaller D tank in my vehicle. It's in a carrying sling with the regulator attached, tank valve off. I wedge it partially under the drivers seat from the rear so it doesn't move around while driving. It can be ready to use in 30 seconds.  

• Like 2