Nortryptiline

Luis

You need a more knowledgeable neurologist.  That was a punt, next....patient.  There is zero evidence that tricyclic antidepressants effectively help clusters or migraines  for that matter.  Your poor excuse for a neurologists wanted to do something to get you out of the office so placated you with a prescription.  An great example of someone who goes the extra distance to be intellectually lazy.

Edited by Pebblesthecorgi
  • Like 1

Im am quite scared of it too since I know clusters are triggered by a low serotonin. So I really don’t want to mess with my serotonin levels but I am not sure if it’s going to help me. I got him to prescribe oxygen, but that was more of me saying “hey I need the oxygen.” 

well I can’t take psychedelics. So that is out of the question. Unfortunately. I may end up switching neurologist. 

I'm not sure its fair to attribute clusters to serotonin level drops.  While serotonin levels have many effects throughout the body its never really been established what is happening in a cluster attack at a neurochemical level.  Tricyclics change serotonin levels via a different mechanism than modern SSRI.  Tricyclics have a pretty narrow therapeutic index and can reach toxicity pretty quickly.  Tricyclics  are of limited use for other headache syndromes but not clusters.