Cluster-Like Headache Secondary to Sphenoid Sinus Mucocele

Vipul

Hello, 

After my 3rd dose of RC seeds I was still getting very minor attacks and so I had a 4th dose. Situation is the same with 1to 2 very minor attacks during the day. Have had 15 pain free nights on the trot. Am very happy but a little concerned as it has not left me completely.

Since the last few days, for the first time since the onset of CH,i have a very strange feeling deep inside my right nasal track, the same side of my CH attacks. It actually feels like an injury deep inside. I somehow felt it could be connected with my CH. 

So looked around on Google and found this https://www.hindawi.com/journals/crinm/2018/5850286/

Cluster-Like Headache Secondary to Sphenoid Sinus Mucocele, case study

@CHfather @Brain on fire @spiny @Batch do you suggest ii get a scan to rule this out? 

Love

Om Namah Shivaye 

Yes you should if you have not had a scan done yet! Usually a patient gets one with their diagnosis in the US.

For CH, it should come back as 'Nothing found' basically. It is to rule out 'other' stuff being the issue and causing the CH like symptoms.

Have you looked into the D3 Regimen yet Vipul?  

• Like 1

Thanks @Brain on fire and @spiny

I did get an MRI but wasn't sure if they covered the sinus area. But have since read the MRI findings again and they did cover the Sinus as well.

It mentions a neurovascular conflict of the trigeminal nerve and also mentions a minor sinus issue at the end of the repot. 

Attaching the MRI findings fyr. 

Love 

Screenshot_20200213-134156-min.png

Hey Vipul,

The possibility exists that the sinusitis mentioned in your MRI DX is secondary to CH.  In other words, the sinusitis is a direct result of multiple CH which cause all the sinus on the CH side to gush with mucus. On the other hand, it could also be just a coincidence with no real correlation. 

The possible involvement of the RCA (right superior cerebellar artery) with the trigeminal ganglia resulting in neurovascular conflict, mentioned in your MRI DX, is frequently associated with trigeminal neuralgia.  This is where the RCA is physically wrapped around the trigeminal ganglia putting pressure on it and a creating a chaffing action that sensitizes the trigeminal ganglia stimulating pain very similar to CH.

I'm a 75-year-old retired Navy fighter pilot so clearly not a doctor or qualified to read MRI imagery.  That said, I read studies of CH voraciously.  While there are clear cases of CH being secondary to lesions in and around the trigeminovascular complex, the majority of CH are primary.

The human body is totally amazing in its capacity to heal itself if given the right nutrients.  After all, it's been doing this for thousands of years before modern medicine or we wouldn't be here.  I recall our family doctor telling me to remember the alphabet when it comes to vitamins (A, B, C, D, E).

Take care and please keep us posted.

V/R, Batch

• Thanks 1

Hey Vipul. I had sinus surgery in the 90's for sinusitis and deviated septum. I was having constant sinus infections. Post surgery, it would bleed with the slightest increase in pressure due exercise or heat. I had to wear a mask in welding class to avoid bleeding on my work. It would gush very quickly. At that time, I was in full remission. The bleeding continued for about 10 years post op. So, the sinuses are opaque. It was suggested by my primary care doctor to have repeat surgery many years later. That was not going to happen. It can be a rough surgery and recovery is longer than one would think. 

This was after I had had CH for 20 years. I did not have my CH reactivate till almost six years later. The trigger? I moved to a higher elevation. Currently, I cringe at the thought of another sinus surgery. My CH is under control and I don't want my head messed with thank you!!!

If you think it will benefit you, then by all means have the surgery. But do not expect it to kill your CH. Many sufferers have had sinus surgery like mine for their CH on their docs recommendation. I do not know of a single person that it helped. Batch has already covered the rest for us. 

I do really wish that sinus surgery DID help with CH!!! Here, they are hot to jump on reaming out your sinus's for you. :angry: If you are concerned, you can take the results to an Ear, Nose, and Throat doctor. That is their area of expertise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, spiny said:

I do really wish that sinus surgery DID help with CH!!! Here, they are hot to jump on reaming out your sinus's for you. :angry: If you are concerned, you can take the results to an Ear, Nose, and Throat doctor. That is their area of expertise.

Yes...proceed with caution...had an ENT (accomplished surgeon) STRONGLY advise me (and only slightly facetiously) to "NEVER trust a surgeon... we think we can fix EVERYTHING by cutting".....

• Like 1