Good Neuro in Dayton OH Area

sous139

I'm not sure where she ended up, but Dr. Starla Wise was my neurologist at Wake Forest Baptist Hospital in Winston-Salem, NC. She just relocated two weeks ago to Ohio and she was considering offers from the University of Cincinnati and Wright State. She was fantastic with cluster headache treatment options. Very open to non-traditional therapies but also very smart in advising you regarding risk/reward. She is a bulldog for you if she knows you are trying everything you can to get better. She went to war with BCBS of NC and got me approved for Emgality for Cluster (sadly I was chronic by the time they approved it and it ultimately didn't help me). She also went before the board at WFBH and got approval for me to try self-administered in-home SPG nerve blocks (first patient ever approved for that at WFBH) which was no small feat. My wife and I are still incredibly sad she left but WFBH has another neurologist with Cluster specialty (actually helped trained Dr. Wise) and they have other staff that also work with Cluster. But we will always be grateful to Dr. Wise for all she did for me!

I recommend her without hesitation because I know how difficult finding someone who understands Cluster Headache can be. She is fantastic. Good luck whoever you find.

• Like 2

Thanks for all the help and responses. 

I have an appointment with Dr. Kim at Miami Valley South in May.

He comes pretty highly recommended. Trying to get the appointment pushed up, stopped by his office while I was having a cluster attack.

His staff was helpful

• Like 1