Curtains

tingeling

Most of us have curtains in our homes. Blinds and similar things have been more popular recent years, but they serve the same purpose.

Curtains follow us all life. I guess most have some memories about curtains. When we come close to Christmas, it is time for Christmas curtains f ex. It`s like they can make a statement.

Moving out for the first time, we often buy some cheap curtains, because we`re not gonna stay the rest of our lives in that often rented apartment, so we don`t want to invest that much, into something we may not need later. But you will get some, because you need them.

Buying your first apartment or house, your often asked what kind of curtains you gonna have in your living room. This is the time we invest more. Now is the time for  buying the curtains, that are supposed to follow us a long time. The type we take down and wash, put away, but only temporarily. Because it`s our best and finest curtains. They will blend in when celebrating birthdays etc etc, they fit every situation in the house.

Unlike furniture's, they stay the way they are. We do not color them as we paint furniture's a different color, we cannot give them another kind of fabric etc etc. All we can do is wash them, we have to like them the way they are.

Why do we need curtains? What kind of curtains do we choose? There are curtains that are only for decoration, they have no practical function. Some are light weighted and will flutter around if you open the window, translucent texture that fills your living room with light. But it doesn`t give you privacy, or help you much, as you can see right  trough them.

And after awhile, they can start being a little annoying, when you get sun into your eyes when you want to relax and watch TV. Or the times you need to take a quick run into your living room, getting something you need, and all the neighbours get to see glimpse of you running around half naked in your house.

So you get blinds you can have on the inside, they will give you privacy, and you can keep the other ones. But the blinds, they need allot more work. you need to dust in between, and that is just irritating. So now you got yourself two things that doesn`t give you what you wanted the first place.

In the end, you end up with getting proper curtains.

they are double woven, they will keep the sun from blinding your eyes. But at the same time, they will let the sun in, if you want them to. They are reliable, good quality curtains. You may have them for life, if that is what you wish.

It`s the same way with friends. They have many of the same functions. A friend can let the sun into your life, or they can cast a shadow over it. Some fit well into our lives in shorter periods. Other friendships just slips away, don`t know exactly why, but we don`t bother to do much about it. And some we have for life.

A good friend is something special.  Often, these are the friends we forget about, that we take for granted and don`t show appreciation to as we should. A good friend can even tolerate being "put away" for awhile. And after a little "wash up", shake off some dust, things get back to normal. Then all of the sudden, it strikes you how beautiful they are. They just been around for so long, that you got used to them.

As with most things in life and life in general, too much of one thing can make you blind for something else. Good or bad. Katie Melua once gave an answer to a question that really made an impression on me. She was asked what her success and what follows with that, especially all that money, did for her. Her answer was "Well, when i was 9, we got electricity in our house. With that came hot water. that made a much bigger impact to my life than money and success do for me now".

I have a friend, i told about her another time. She been trough many years with difficulties. Thinking trough those years, i realized one thing. Some people willingly take part in pointing at another persons problems, talk about it and give theyre personal opinion. As with my friend.

But they do not stay trough the hole process,  when she needed help, and afterwards when being helped. So it`s getting like point and stare, then leave. Makes me wonder.

My friend is getting well now, and our friendship is now  even more special than before.

I`m very grateful to Clusterbusters, and i appreciate the people in here so much. I think for many of us, it makes us feel safe and secure to have this place where we meet. It certainly makes a big difference to my life. Nothing ever changed my life this much, except from when i got my daughter.

Thank you all for being here :)

Hug from me :)

(Sorry, extremely long. I know...)

That was a nice read. I haven't been around here for awhile and dont know you, however I certianly understand your sentiment. It is also apparent you are a good caring person worthy of a, YOU ROCK!!! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

the bb [smiley=beer.gif]