Why is my CH nostril secretion different to my normal secretion?

microdosing

After 30 years of clusters there's a great difference on cluster side vs. "normal" side. I'm approaching 5 years without a cycle and my secretion is sticky and often bloody on cluster side even on these PF years. It's odd. Often looks like the cluster side is allergic and the other side is not. :blink:

Hey Microdosing,

Great question and you're OK! There's a very simple reason why the nostril on the hit side gets the gush and stuffy during a CH.  The pain and neruogenic inflammation during an active CH hit triggers the eye on the hit side to water.  This starts happening between Kip-5 and Kip-7 pain levels for most CHers and the flow increases as the pain goes up.  The tearing  caused by CH hits ≥ kip 5 drains down the  nasolacrimal ducts at the inside corner of the eye next to the nose on the hit side.  The saline tear fluid exits these ducts into the nasal cavity, as its name implies.  That means tears from the eye start running out the nose.  The lining of the nasal cavity on the hit side reacts by swelling and this gives us the stuffy feeling.  So much for today's lesson on anatomy and pathophysiology of a CH.

There is a solution to this problem...  For the CHers who know what I'm about to say... Wait for it...

I would start taking the anti-inflammatory regimen.  You can download the posted version of this CH and MH preventative treatment protocol at the following vitaminDwiki.com link. 

http://www.vitamindwiki.com/tiki-download_wiki_attachment.php?attId=7708

For reference, readers of my webpage at vitaminDwiki.com have downloaded 47,321 copies of this CH and MH preventative treatment protocol since 21 Jan, 2017.  That's an average of 40 downloads a day.   Word on the efficacy of this regimen is getting out.

Even if you're not ready to start this regimen or you're satisfied mm are controlling your CH effectively, taking 3 grams/day vitamin C and at least 5000 IU/day vitamin D3 can help build a strong immune system.  MM can't do that.

Vitamin C supports your immune system. Vitamin C helps to kill viruses and reduces the symptoms of infection. It's not a COVID-19 "cure," but nothing is. It might just save your life, though, and will definitely reduce the severity of the infection. If someone tells you it's not proven, consider two things:

1.  Nothing is proven to work against COVID-19, because it is a new virus

• First identified and named by the WHO 11 Feb
  • Its genome first sequenced on 25 Feb,
  • No RCTs of the COVID-19 coronavirus have been completed, but a lot have started.

2.  Vitamin C has worked against every single virus including influenzas, pneumonia, and even poliomyelitis.

See the following link for details.

https://orthomolecular.activehosted.com/index.php?action=social&chash=a5e00132373a7031000fd987a3c9f87b.150&s=b6603c369765a26b8432c6fde3807447

Take care and take vitamin C,

V/R, Batch

• Like 1

I do not disagree there is some data to suggest Vit C can shorten the duration of a cold and there is some evidence it holds promise in reducing the lung inflammation in viral related pneumonia but the data is inconclusive and all over the place.  Using 3 grams of Vit C and 50,000 IU of Vit D3/week has no down side and is inexpensive but I would caution considering it a definitive protection or treatment.  It is not being presented as such.   I urge caution when interpreting potential interventions in a time of chaotic information.  Certainly we want to use every tool at our disposal (clusterheads are renown for this) but the data is far from convincing or definitive.  Certainly in the cost/risk/benefit analysis supplements like Vit C and D3 are worth considering just don't think they provide a suit of armor.  The information provided is good and interesting but its easy to extrapolate beyond the data reported.

Pebblesthecorggi,

Understand...  However, as there is no down-side safety issue in taking 3 grams/day vitamin C or 5000 IU/day vitamin D3, and there is more than sufficient up-side potential based on substantial evidence in their efficacy in preventing and treating colds and flu, there's much to gain an nothing to lose at a cost of 12 cents/day.  Nothing is 100% effective or certain save for death and taxes.  Moreover, as none of us gets out of here alive, at 75, my goal is to maintain the best quality of life possible.  I take far more vitamin C and vitamin D3 than listed above.

Joyce and I have been taking the anti-inflammatory regimen since I developed it in October of 2010.  Neither of us has had the flu since then and our incidence of colds is down to one every 3 to 4 years.  We've also had school age grand kids and their friends running around the house dripping with cold and flu bugs several times a year so we don't live in a bubble.

Take care,

V/R, Batch