gabapentin

veggies

hi everyone, i did a search of the site and didnt find anything on gabapentin, but as we've tried everything and anything, I'm sure someone has experience with it..

i went to my GP today and asked for an o2 script, as i thought it might be cheaper than getting those aviator tanks ive been hearing so much about, but he wasn't sure how to go about getting it and is doing some research on the matter.  anyways we decided to try out some gabapentin, anti seizure meds which also help with limb pain? something like that.  he said for some weird reason it works on headaches.. he has no idea why.  i told him about busting and he certainly wasn't all for it, in fact kind of against it.. i changed subjects.

busting does work for me but im out of supplies at the moment and am just curious about other meds while a new batch of mushies grow...

so gabapentin... anyone?

thanks

cool info, thanks!  looks to be somewhat promising, and since my headaches are so mild recently compared to most people on this site, it might be just the thing i need.

Ill be sure to follow up in about two weeks and let everyone know how things are going

I was on gabapentin/neurontin during my last 2.5 month episode.

I started off at 900 mg day, then after a couple weeks, on the advice of a neurologist, built it up to 2400 mg day.

It turned out to be an essential component in my arsenal, as it kicked in right around the time my episode was going into very high gear, threatening to hit me with more attacks per day than I could keep up with (it can take around 5-9 days to really kick in).

It seemed to cut the number of attacks per day by about 30% - 50%, which wasn't exactly a miracle result, but was something I really needed.

For me the wooziness side effect wore off after a couple weeks.