whats your triggers?

rhizz

Got to be alcohol, just stopped drinking 4 days ago, haven't been hit for 4 days...yeah! used to drink about 4 fingers of bourbon a night even after reading a lot of people here said alcohol was a trigger, didn't want to believe, more like didn't want to give it up but it's working. And i was in the middle of a bad cycle. But i do want to know where to find chocolate covered bacon..yum

lol bacon cover in chocolate..... tempting lol

i dont drink often so i have no idea if its a trigger for me although i shall have to experiment with that just to be on the safe side in case i'm in a situation to drink lol

just to conclude on my previous post....yes mcflurry does start mine off :-( damn

Booze and occasionally some fumes like bleach or cigarette smoke.

Haven't tried chocolate covered bacon and I don't believe I will.  ;D

[Edit] Mulerider's post below reminded me that I should list sleep - definitely including naps - as a trigger, along with meditation.  :-[

Oh, I pray bacon and chocolate are never triggers for me! 

Alcohol (any kind), afternoon naps and too much coffee are the definite triggers for me.  Also, anything that lowers the atmosphere pressure.  Long drives, plane rides, high altitude trips and even storm fronts seem to get me 90% of the time.

I've only been documenting duration, intensity and possible couses for a couple months now and just beginning to understand my patterns.  Will have to go to the Boardwalk in Santa Cruz, CA (just over the hill from me) and get some chocolate covered bacon to test ...... I can't wait!!

weatherman

weatherman, you wrote: >>Will have to go to the Boardwalk in Santa Cruz, CA (just over the hill from me) and get some chocolate covered bacon<< 

I lived in Santa Cruz until about 18 months ago. I'm pretty sure I was the only person there who looked like he regularly ate chocolate-covered bacon. And of course you're right -- outside the boardwalk, probably the closest you could get in SC would be carob-covered tofu (organic, of course).

Triggers... Well...Here we go.

Every meat that are smoked, marinated etc., everything that contains MSG or Natriumglutamat, artificials, fruit sugar if blood sugars too low, startch, many nut types, many fruit types like banana, every type of sweets, whatever that are half or fully fabricated....

Perfume, being to warm, relaxing, sleep, gasolin all the reg stuff.

Iy is really easier to say what`s not a trigger. This is why i live the way i do. Eat pure food and all that :) I takes around 1-3 days before it turns or has taken a turn already if i don`t, and the wrong direction. So it`s really worth doing it.

Chocolate covered bacon?! Uuuh, serious :D

Biggest trigger for me, my wife, kidding... lol

Boss, i'm right there with you.  If I even smell a cig while in cycle, it's almost guaranteed that i'll get hit in addition to burning leaves, a chimney or any kind of petroleum product.  I smoked years ago and I swear when I quit, my cycles got easier to handle and it was one less trigger for me :)

Also, Strong perfume, nitrates, letting myself get hungry, alcohol of any kind the list goes on and on.

Alcohol of any kind as well as smoke (cigarettes, pipe, and cigars) 

Wow!  R U saying that you're a rare clusterhead that does not smoke?

I'm another one of those "fake" CH'ers who has never smoked! ;D Talk about feeling out of place at conventions!

On cycle my triggers are alcohol, sleep cycle disruptions, sustained stress, and getting extremely hungry. Off cycle, nuttin bugs me!

Joe

You don't smoke? What's wrong with you? You really should start. I quit for 20 years after hand-rolling for a year or so just before quitting. I tried to get my kid to quit a couple of years ago using the same method. First I started rolling one once in a while for him - just for fun. Then I took a puff once in a while - just for fun. Then I fell and slid down that slippery slope and have been smoking ever since. I am SO glad. Not.