Flonase

dehabel

It helps with allergic rhinitis.  In a cluster headache situation it is “logical” to look for allergic source and the congestion is so much like a sinusitis attack (except the pain is logarithmically worse but only last 30-60 minutes).  Sinusitis pain is dull and achy and relatively continuous.  The congestion from clusters is thought to be due to vascular dilation triggered by central nervous system changes.  Though it seems logical Flonase doesn’t do much to treat “psuedosinusitis” cluster pain. 

...Flonase never worked for me for multiple allergies and certainly no benefit re CH...what i did find was that any relieving of the typical nasal congestion pain/pressure during a hit sometimes took the level down a notch and made it easier to breath....for which I was exceedingly grateful.... 

....accomplished with Tiger Balm  vapors, a Vicks inhaler, or similar....being careful not to inhale any solids...

best

• Like 1