SSRIs helping with CH ??

NickTheGreek

Hello fellow Clusterheads,

As of January 2019 i was prescribed with 20 mg Lexapro for OCD and hypochondria (started or advanced due to CH) and have noticed that my cycles have been inconsistent yet manageable. The pain does not reach 10/10 and both the duration of the episode and the period got smaller. The only bad thing that i could notice is the incositstency of the cycles only because they are unpredictable. I am no doctor or expert but my experience hs shown that Lexapro maybe has an effect. I would like to read your guys' opinion on this or anyone that has experienced CH periods while on SSRIs.

Thank you in advance.

The SDSRI’s as a group are pretty unhelpful in treating clusters and serve as “blockers” for individuals choosing to try non conventional therapies.  Given that you are already being treated for two other conditions it might be best to discuss with your provider dose adjustments of the lexapro as it seems to be helping.