Nurtec medication?

Phantom99

Started having CH cycles 20 years ago. My cycles are about every 2 years for about 3-4 weeks at a time. The oxygen tank is definitely my friend during these times. I usually have 2-5 attacks a day. I've mostly treated them with Triptans, but my doctor gave me Nurtec this time and so far, so good. I've been taking 1 a day. I can still tell I'm having an attack because of all the pressure on that side of my head. I can even feel how sensitive my head is around my eye. However, I can tell the episode is occurring, but oddly the pain itself is absent. Thank God!!! I just pray it doesn't lose its effectiveness after a while like some meds do. Like ppl have already said, try it. Ask your doc for samples. When you hurt THAT bad, you have to try things and advocate for yourself. Ppl without CH just have no idea. I know why they're dubbed suicide headaches... unfortunately I've been in cycles before that just made me want to die. Stay strong and pray.