Meds, Dosing, and Schedule?

1dallis1

Hey team, need a little help here and advice on dosing and a schedule to take everything I plan on taking. I don't remember ever taking this many things before, so I need a little advice from the veterans or those who have experience with all this. Here's what I currently take in the morning D3 regime and 25mg Zoloft (for anxiety/depression). At night I started taking additional 400mg of Magnesium and Zoloft again. 

This is what I was just prescribed and need to know when I should take these: Prednisone taper (60 mg/day for week, 40mg/day for 4 days, 20mg/day for 4 days, then 10mg/day for 2 days), and I have standard 120mg Verapamil. 

My plan is to start tonight on the 120mg verap, and take another 120mg in the am with the D3. What I don't know is how I should take the pred? They are 20mg tabs, so do I take the doasge indicated at once in morning with everything else, or spread it out over the day like 20mg morning, afternoon, and evening, or all at afternoon, etc. ? 

Other things to consider is don't normally eat breakfast, and I have started a low carb diet to get into ketosis. I do however drink a gallon of water a day. I also have O2 and Sumatriptan Nasal Sprays for my abort protocol.

Thanks in advance! 

Nice aborts set up. I find that drinking that much water actually helps me lessen intensity of the pain. I can’t really answer the other questions. Try to take the verapamil at the same time every day. Also, it needs to be taken 8 hours apart from the d3 multivitamin. There is calcium in that. They will block each other 

Thanks! Thst helps a lot. I took my Verap this evening, and it will be about 12 hrs separated from the D3 in the morning. I suppose I'll just go evenings with Verap from here out. May go to 240mg tomorrow as that seems to be the entry level dose for some effectiveness. I'll probably just start the Pred regime in the am with the D3 then.

Take the prednisone all at once as a single dose.it can be hard on the tummy so take something like Prilosec with it.  If you usually get hit at night then take it at bedtime.  It can be agitating for some folks so the first few nights could be restless.  If you get hit during the day take it in the morning.  Steroids can be helpful but you can have some mood swings but usually not with your regimen.  Verapamil should be spaced out evenly.  The magnesium should be ok anytime.  The Zoloft is good how you take it and should not hinder the regimen you are on but if you ever try and bust you may need to get off it for a while.  Don’t do that unless you have a talk with you provider.  Wishing you good results. 

• Like 1

When on a Pred taper, my script says something like: Take 3 times a day for a week, then twice a day for a week, then once a day, and then 1/2 per day. I space them out. If I took 60mgs at once, I suspect I would be very wired. Well, I am wired on it, but that all at once would be hard for me to do. Perhaps check with the doc?