I've had enough!!

Dave O

Hello friends,

I've decided I've had enough of the meds and loss of sleep, 2-4 episodes a night now. I thought i had outsmarted the demon by giving up drinking. Turns out I just avoided the 8:00pm hit. So it seems I'm in full cycle right now, and this is getting worse instead of better. The meds don't help thank God I got the 02 script it works pretty quickly 10 to 15 minutes now to abort.

I have a relative in the state who has found mushrooms, just got to get to him before he eats them all...

Read all the faq's and advice in the files, think I'm confident on what to start with.

Although I did see some reports of potential harm to people with high blood pressure...which I have. Anybody out there can tell me for sure this isn't going to be a problem? Or am I going to have to discuss this with my doctor? didn't have to worry about that when I was doing those in my teens.

Don't know how soon I'm going to pick these up, or when I can find time to be free from the kids and work, but when I do I'll chime in on results.

Hope this works, couldn't be worse than what I'm feeling right now...Wish me luck!

Its always best to discuss this stuff with your doctors. They know your health history and any risks that might pertain to you.

Psilocybin is known to elevate blood pressure for about a 3 hour period. Most of the studies that have been done were studies that gave participants large doses where hallucinogenic effects were desired.

From the ones I've seen, blood pressure went from an average of about 125 over 75 to about 140 over 83. Plus or minus a few points.

Bob

I wonder if that is a factor of the quality of the cannabis, how much is taken, and how it is taken. Cannabis is proven to relieve pain. Many who use medical marijuana avoid smoking it and instead use vaporizers or liquid forms of the drug. From what I've read, this "healthier" approach to using marijuana helps reduce it's negative affects, including "pot headache".

I wouldn't write it off without further exploration.

Thanks EZ,

You might have something there with the marijuana, seems I was diagnosed with High blood pressure after i stopped smoking about 9 years ago. being from Colorado, their giving out "Cards" for pot without even seeing a real doctor. i bet if i told them i had Clusters they would write me a script.

But there's still this Grey area, it's legal to smoke and grow it with the pass, but the company I work for still tests for it. Don't want to find out the hard way if they approve or not...but thanks for the links.

By the way, does anybody know how long  mushrooms stay in your system? Didn't see that on the FAQ's anywhere.

i believe its 1-3 days, most places do not test for psilo or lsd/lsa, from what i know its very expensive

http://www.erowid.org/plants/mushrooms/mushrooms_testing.shtml

http://www.erowid.org/plants/mushrooms/mushrooms.shtml

probably some of the best info on mushrooms available, a great collection, i even think pinky's kick ass tea is on there, not to mention info about psilo and CH

AO

Thanks AO,

Great link, I'll save it. Still think I better discuss this with my doctor, she seemed to be OK when I discussed possibly using Alternative treatments.

By the way, on a lighter note, you've posted on my links a couple times, and on your mood icon it says "aggravated".

Is that cuz your a Leafs fan? Go Av's...just kiddin if your not doing well I apologize.

Got to try to keep a sense of humor.

Still think I better discuss this with my doctor, she seemed to be OK when I discussed possibly using Alternative treatments

just watch cuz that info will be in your medical records and will follow you . . . not that its a bad idea but . . .

just somethin to think about

AO

Good point AO, glad I saw a lol on that post. I don't know about records, but I think the Hippocratic oath doctors take would not allow her to discuss-I hope and I think I'll just discuss with her the findings I read about the increase in BP in tests. I hope she's open minded, if not what are the LSA(seeds) going to do to BP , if you have any info on that.

i recall reading psilo increases bp for about 3 hours,

Psilocybin is known to elevate blood pressure for about a 3 hour period. Most of the studies that have been done were studies that gave participants large doses where hallucinogenic effects were desired.

From the ones I've seen, blood pressure went from an average of about 125 over 75 to about 140 over 83. Plus or minus a few points.

dont know anything about lsa, it may increase because it contricts blood vessels but dont quote me i am not certain, i dont have bp probs so i have no experience

if no creditable info is found on it id say talking with a doc is your best bet

AO

I live in S. Calif. and have a "cannabis card" for a variety of reasons, not the least of which is the novelty of being an old hippie legally going into a legal weed shop and legally buying very high quality legal marijuana. I get a big grin just thinking about it. I also take Celebrex and Methadone for arthritis and the aftereffects of a couple of surgeries. I ran out of Celebrex just b4 Thanksgiving and figured that an small increase in Methadone coupled with a little bit more weed would comfortably get me into this week. I was wrong and by mid-day Friday I was getting pretty miserable.

What I'm trying to say is that I think marijuana is an effective analgesic only for specific kinds of pain. Even narcotics like Methadone (which my son and I both take) don't work on all kinds of pain. After exhausting the usefulness of the more popular CH drugs, Michael was left with only Methadone to take the edge off and that's all it ever really did was take the edge off. He's also tried several varieties of very high quality Marijuana and found that it does nothing for his CH. The ONLY things that haves worked for his CH are the psychedelics. 

what are the LSA(seeds) going to do to BP 

LSA rises your BP, for me it rises it more than the mushrooms do. It is (Can`t tell if this is a fact) one of the most powerful constrictors, from the information i read.

I busted with mushrooms, LSD and LSA. What clearly was the most effective constrictor to me at least, was LSA. The other things didn`t get near. So i guess that means this is also what would increase BP most.

Totally agree what Ron says as well. I have also tried allot of pain meds, and it just didn`t work. Including weed, which made me worse, different pain meds also made me allot worse. The pain meds need to meet the right receptors to give pain relief. Many pain meds give relief to many different conditions, but it seems to me CH is one bad MF! who is not easily reach!!