Fall is coming

igdc

I just realized that fall is coming. Like air-sucked out of my chest bc a new cycle could be on the horizon. That's when my first cycle started last year (lasting about 4mos, if you don't count the one-offs that followed for a few mos). I have this sudden feeling of dread that this could begin at the end of September again.

I have lots of painful ailments, but I don't tend to live in fear of the next one. (e.g., I know that I have other kidney stones w surgery in my future but meh, when it happens, it happens.)  Realizing, though, that a new CH cycle could be weeks away just knocked me for a loop. How do you cope with the fear?

Edited by igdc
  • Like 1

I definitely get the fear quotient. My cycle will begin on Sept. 21st. I make sure that I have my gear all lined up and ready to go. Plenty of O2 on hand!

Also, I stay on the D3 Regimen. Are you doing that? It really does help many of us!! I up my D intake to 15,000 as opposed to the normal 10,000/day. 

In addition, I make sure that I follow a set sleep schedule. Get up the same time daily, no matter what. 

The better armed that I am, the less stress I have. If you bust, then do that in advance. Put that info on a closed board - Members Only - and you will get a lot of replies from those who rely on that. :)  

Then, just breath deep, decide you have done all that you can and move on with life. 

Good Luck!

• Like 2

@spiny, Is it really that exact, to the day? I think my first was September 26th. A migraine (for which I'm also chronic) or jaw pain following a replaced filling, I thought. I traveled for work, did alright with headaches here and there... and by the middle of October, it was full-blown terrible. Do I need to keep a calendar to map patterns for future years?

And yes, it does help me to know that I have a good doctor whose treatments seemed to help... but even then, it takes time. And I suppose there's no way to know if it would work again. Ack... scary. Thanks for the replies and wishing you both well.

• Like 1

igdc

I keep a log book of every cluster I get with how long and what I did to abort each one. It does help me because things change and what is working today may not work for me next week. I can go back and see what I did to get out of a funk the last time. I am chronic so I do not have any cycles that give me any length of pain free days but I do have cycles that ramp up from time to time. Spring time usually beats me up followed by summer when it is hot out around here. 

• Like 2

igdc, this is a kind of guide to the treatment options we're most familiar with.  Maybe you'd want to look it over, just for preparedness' sake: https://clusterbusters.org/forums/topic/6213-basic-non-busting-information/   It doesn't address the new CGRP pharmaceuticals (Emgality, Aimovig, Ubrelvy, and others), which might be worth trying. And people are always mentioning new things that seem to have helped them. 

Do not underestimate the potential power of busting!!!!!  It's discussed at the end of the post I just linked you to, and also under the blue "New Users..." banner at the top of each page.

• Like 2