D3 Experience

Bryan

Hi all,

Thanks to @xxx 's vitamin regime, I seem to be skating past my first cycle after taking an earlier version of the regime, and I thought I'd share my results so far.

After my previous cycle about 6 months ago I started taking 10k/day D3 gel tabs plus the magnesium, Mature Multi, Super K, and fish oil supplements recommended (I see Batch has updated the regimen a bit recently, am currently looking into this)

Due to Covid, I have yet to test my D levels, but I am planning to see my Dr for a followup soon.

None the less, my usual cycles last 6-10 weeks of daily episodes. 

But so far I believe I may have clipped my current cycle to just one week of very mild headaches. Here's my log from when the cycle started:

August 3rd: Woke with a shadow/Kip 1 at 8am. Oxygen for 5 minutes until PF

August 5th- Woke at 2am. Kip 2. Oxygen for 5 min until PF

August 7th Woke 8:30am . Kip 3. Oxygen 5 min until PF

August 7th (2nd) 9pm. Kip 3/4. Oxygen 5 min then early sleep with shadows persisting

August 11th 9:45pm Kip 2. Oxygen 8 min until PF

August 12th 9:45pm Kip 3. Oxygen 5 min until PF

So far no episodes since the 12th. Finger's crossed this cycle is over, which would be wonderful.

Many thanks to @xxx and everyone else on here, I haven't been this hopeful in many years. 

• Like 5

Bryan,

I would try loading vitamin D3 at 50,000 IU/day for a week just to build your 25(OH)D3 reserves higher and in the process, help get the CH beast back under control.  Taking vitamin D3 is particularly important to help prevent viral infections like COVID-19.  It's also best to start taking at least 50 mg/day zinc picolinate, 400 mg/day Quercetin and 1 gram of vitamin C three times a day.  These are the immune boosting supplements that work the best.

The nutritional supplements illustrated in the photo below provide a safe (No Harms) and proven prophylaxis for most viral infections.  If you're already taking the anti-inflammatory regimen, all you need to do is add the 50 mg/day zinc picolinate, 400-800 mg/day Quercetin and 3 grams/day liposomal vitamin C (1 gram every 3 hours).

Zinc: The need for supplementation increases with age

Take care,

V/R, Batch.

image.png

Edited by xxx
  • Like 1

Hi all, an update. It's the 23'rd and only one more mild attack since my last post on the 17th. Shadows have faded, and it feels like (fingers crossed) this cycle is over. 

If that's the case, It seems like the D3 regimine helped reduce my regular 6 to 10 week cycle (usually with 40-50 headaches) to about 2 weeks with 7 mild headaches not reaching higher than kip 4. I only used oxygen to abort (no usual imitrex) and did not use any other preventitive treatments besides the vitamins.

This is by far the mildest cycle I've experienced in over 20 years of episodes. Going to give it another week before I call this cycle definitevely over, but feeling great right now.

• Like 3

I am happy you are improving.  As regards supplements and the fight against viruses (covid) I  urge caution.  Most of the info we have on things like vitamin C, zinc quercetin, and other supplements is confusing and incomplete.  There is certainly no harm in using these strategies as suggested but please do not treat them as a protective shield and please practice social distancing and masking as appropriate.  The pendulum of what works and what does not is swinging fast regarding covid and other viral infections.  Knowledge is being transmitted faster than it is being vetted.  Do everything possible to avoid getting infection and don't treat anything as though you are immune or impenetrable.  Heck even if you have had a virus you can get it again in some instances.  I don't wish this to turn into a covid discussion but caution is advised/needed.

• Like 1

On 8/18/2020 at 3:53 AM, Bryan said:

Hi all,

Thanks to @xxx 's vitamin regime, I seem to be skating past my first cycle after taking an earlier version of the regime, and I thought I'd share my results so far.

After my previous cycle about 6 months ago I started taking 10k/day D3 gel tabs plus the magnesium, Mature Multi, Super K, and fish oil supplements recommended (I see Batch has updated the regimen a bit recently, am currently looking into this)

Due to Covid, I have yet to test my D levels, but I am planning to see my Dr for a followup soon.

None the less, my usual cycles last 6-10 weeks of daily episodes. 

But so far I believe I may have clipped my current cycle to just one week of very mild headaches. Here's my log from when the cycle started:

August 3rd: Woke with a shadow/Kip 1 at 8am. Oxygen for 5 minutes until PF

August 5th- Woke at 2am. Kip 2. Oxygen for 5 min until PF

August 7th Woke 8:30am . Kip 3. Oxygen 5 min until PF

August 7th (2nd) 9pm. Kip 3/4. Oxygen 5 min then early sleep with shadows persisting

August 11th 9:45pm Kip 2. Oxygen 8 min until PF

August 12th 9:45pm Kip 3. Oxygen 5 min until PF

So far no episodes since the 12th. Finger's crossed this cycle is over, which would be wonderful.

Many thanks to @xxx and everyone else on here, I haven't been this hopeful in many years. 

Hi Bryan this is really promising to hear! Your usual cycle of 6-10 weeks / daily episodes sounds the same as ours here! Can I ask did you simply stay on the 10 000 IU D3  + all the cofactors a day throughout this whole time (and therefore had these great results for this current cycle of mild headaches). Hoping it stops right there and really happy for you! 

14 hours ago, Chloe Chriselle said:

Hi Bryan this is really promising to hear! Your usual cycle of 6-10 weeks / daily episodes sounds the same as ours here! Can I ask did you simply stay on the 10 000 IU D3  + all the cofactors a day throughout this whole time (and therefore had these great results for this current cycle of mild headaches). Hoping it stops right there and really happy for you! 

Hi @Chloe Chriselle ! Yes, for about 6 months I've been taking daily: 

10,000 IU D3

400mg Magnesium

1 pill Life Extension Super K

1 Kirkland Mature Multi

1200mg Fish Oil

I started doubling my D3 around the time of my last post.

Since my last post on August 17th I have had 3 more mild episodes, but none painful enough to need anything but Oxygen. What I've noticed so far is my cycle just hasn't set in to its usual routine. Usually after the first week of my cycle I settle into nightly attacks that wake me up at 4am-ish already at Kip 5 or higher.   For this cycle, so far, the regular routine just hasn't set in , episodes are days apart, and pain levels are far milder than normal. My last headache was 5 days ago, so cycle not complete nut very sporatic. 

I still havn't had any blood tests done, but looking to make appointment this week to check my D levels, ect.

Hope this helps!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bryan said:

Hi @Chloe Chriselle ! Yes, for about 6 months I've been taking daily: 

10,000 IU D3

400mg Magnesium

1 pill Life Extension Super K

1 Kirkland Mature Multi

1200mg Fish Oil

I started doubling my D3 around the time of my last post.

Since my last post on August 17th I have had 3 more mild episodes, but none painful enough to need anything but Oxygen. What I've noticed so far is my cycle just hasn't set in to its usual routine. Usually after the first week of my cycle I settle into nightly attacks that wake me up at 4am-ish already at Kip 5 or higher.   For this cycle, so far, the regular routine just hasn't set in , episodes are days apart, and pain levels are far milder than normal. My last headache was 5 days ago, so cycle not complete nut very sporatic. 

I still havn't had any blood tests done, but looking to make appointment this week to check my D levels, ect.

Hope this helps!

Bryan I'm really happy for you truly! I was just reading through your earlier messages, and your experience sounds exactly like my partners (he's the one who suffers from these).

20 years ongoing, usually cycles last 6-10 weeks, and was meant to land about August-September. They get as bad as they can get: Kip 10+, throwing Imitrex and every drug possible at it to not much effect. He also started the D3 regimen 6 months ago like you so it'll be really interesting to see what happens as he just started having shadows in August. Please do keep us posted.. honestly after 20 years if this works or even lessens the cycle / severity, this would be life changing thank you to Batch! Stay safe and don't give up, cheering your progress on from here! 

• Like 1

On 8/19/2020 at 12:47 PM, xxx said:

Bryan,

I would try loading vitamin D3 at 50,000 IU/day for a week just to build your 25(OH)D3 reserves higher and in the process,

I go this advice from Batch last year when I started getting shadows..  (everyone is different) but it worked for me.. knocked my shadows right out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1