Oxygen question for people in FL!

kat_92

Hey everyone, 

i cannot get my doctor to refill my oxygen tank. I have been fighting about it since July. It’s ridiculous. I guess this post is a bit of a reach, but are there any folks on this group from Miami and have a neurologist that willingly prescribes tanks for clusters? As a last resort I will need to go the welding route. I am hoping to avoid that. Thank you!! 

Kat

Wish I could help here, did you try checking the recommended doctor list that's pinned to the board? I had trouble with my Dr. in NYC, but after a few weeks of back and forth he finally read the research I provided and wrote the Rx for me. What reason did your Dr. give for not refilling?

Does he/she give a reason why?  Makes no sense if your doctor can read.  Either ignorant or an insurance company shill.  Ask them to look up cluster headache treatment options on Up-To-Date.  If he/she is not familiar get another doc.  Any physician can do it if they have a license.

• Like 1

Kat,

Any neurologist that would refuse to prescribe O2 is either an idiot, inept, incompetent or (D) all of the above. :)  Fire that one, quick...  

Great news on your primary doc.   I'm sorta brainstorming here, but wonder if we should make a list of doctors not to see for those of us with CH.  There seems to be a lot more incompetence in the doctor realm than competence.  Just thinking out loud. :) 

Cheers,

J

• Like 1

@ThatHurtsMyHead I agree! Sounds like a great idea. I have found that neurologists are very medication forward people. I’m sure they get some sort of commission from pharmaceutical companies for pushing these meds. If you had the opportunity to prescribe an oxygen tank which is known to be the safest and best abortive, why wouldn’t you? 

Kat 

• Like 1