Epidosidic Advice

maskedmarvel

Hello, 

I seem to get them every 2 years or so... Last time was Christmas 2018 and about a week ago I woke up with a headache that was in the ballpark of a ch.. I just went 27 hours without one and it was less intense than the previous ones.. I ate a small amount of mushrooms about 5 days ago out of "an abundance of caution" which i guess helped. Not sure if I should eat shrooms again.. Has eating shrooms ever made them come back again? Probably just me being paranoid.. I am also worried that this might be some kind of mini episode and it might still happen again around Christmas.. Is that realistic?

Overall its been much less intense than my previous episode. I am hoping it stays that way. Over the last 2 years or so I have really changed my body as far as carrying tension and posture etc. I use a type of stretching called the ELDOA method which has an exercise to create space between the top C vertabra where the Vagus nerve exits from.

What are the general thoughts on this article? http://www.whitetigernaturalmedicine.com/craniosacral-therapy/cluster-headaches

Not helpful.

The principles of craniosacral therapy are sound and have a role.  Such adjustments may mitigate parts of the cycle a bit but like other forms of physical medicine the treatment is fleeting and not sustained.  Balancing your diaphragms is good for wellness and overall health but our beast is a bitch. (in a gender neutral sort of way)

• Like 1

23 hours ago, maskedmarvel said:

In the last sentence of my post there, I was referring to the hypothesis of what causes CH, not cranio sacral therapy as a cure.

My error it looked like the question was about the article/website info not about your Vagus stretch.  I'd say the answer remains the same.  Vagal stimulation has been tried and used in migraine and clusters but overall I would say the results are disappointing.  A few folks think it helps, even fewer are convinced.  Ultimately all nerves can be connected and to be sure the Vagus is a critical pathway but I suspect if manipulation and treatment of that area was truly helpful we would have more positive data by now. 

• Like 1

@maskedmarvel the “what if’s” are always the worst. I have come to the realization, if I am in pain and something has helped I’m the past, I will use what I know works best. Many people do a bust once a month or 60 days to prevent future cycles. I haven’t read anyone saying that they triggered a new cycle. I am chronic so I can get about 3 weeks to one month pain free with MM. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Pebblesthecorgi said:

My error it looked like the question was about the article/website info not about your Vagus stretch.  I'd say the answer remains the same.  Vagal stimulation has been tried and used in migraine and clusters but overall I would say the results are disappointing.  A few folks think it helps, even fewer are convinced.  Ultimately all nerves can be connected and to be sure the Vagus is a critical pathway but I suspect if manipulation and treatment of that area was truly helpful we would have more positive data by now. 

I was asking about the article, but you'll probably have to actually read it if you want to form an opinion on it :) .. or at least hear the premise of it. Like I said, it proposes a theory of why clusters happened and compares them to earthquakes on the earth. ELDOA is a lot more than just a vagus nerve stretch.. or stretching in general. MELT Method, Feldenkrais, and other methods of releasing chronic tension (something almost everyone lives with now and considers normal.) have become a way of life for me and I feel pretty sure its had an effect on this situation.  Its common for a person these days to breath with their chest neck and shoulder muscles (for excample) their entire lives.  can't see any other reason as to why this cycle has been so much easier than the last because I have been regressing in areas like regular sleep, caffeine intake etc in the last 2 years. Maybe elaborating in the theory and implementation section would be a good idea. I am not saying these are magic bullet cures.. Changing posture and reducing tension are gradual processes.. My CH didn't develop overnight and I am not saying these will change things overnight.