Went for ONS trial review today

TakinitEZ

I was supposed to get setup for an ONS trial today, but after review of my cervical spine MRI, they decided to perform an epidural procedure first. Apparently my C5 is bulging and deflecting the spinal cord. This could account for my severe dizziness and balance issues. They were drawn to this based on numbness I've had in my finger tips. I wonder of this could account for the headaches as well. They aren't sure.

Of course, the MRI was performed 4 months ago and nobody else was concerned about it. Get to the neurosurgeon and he doesn't like what he sees. Go figure.

-T

Dude.

You must be beginning to think that I'm a "rain on your parade" kind of guy but...

I too had a neck problem.

The surgeon said...maybe...when I asked if it might be the cause of my headaches. He fused c4 and c5. I was pain free for a few days after the surgery. Just like I'm temporarily PF after all surgeries. The crushing head attacks were back within the week. Now I had head attacks and a F ing fused neck.

Surgeons will always suggest surgery just like car salespeople will always suggest you buy a car.

Just my experience. I would never judge anyone for trying any and everything to stop the torture.

Dan

Dan, I'm not overly hopeful. I've been through enough loops now to take it one day at a time.

You know it's funny you say that you feel pf after surgeries, and that they always want to sell a surgery. I've found the exact same thing. I had septoplasty for deviated septum before I was sure I had CH, felt great for a week, then bam. I have a lot of ringing in my pain side ear, dizziness and vertigo, so the same ENT suggest "exploratory" surgery on my inner ear. I talked to another ENT, he said forget that.

I also went for a sleep study and it came up mild apnea. The doc tells me he wants to do it over again, but this time sleep on your back so we can get a solid result for insurance. Told me about simple surgical procedures to correct apnea. Considering I never sleep on my back, I never went back.

-Chris

Seen a lot of CH'ers get sold the CPAP to help their apnea and "cure" their CH. Does wonders for apnea, does nothing for CH. :(

Joe

Yup I agree with ya Joe.  Phil has a CPAP and we were so hopeful that it would get him through his night attacks.  Of course it didn't  :(

Of course we thought that the sinus surgery would help too, since it was going to help him breath better out of his left nostril.  He felt great for a few days as well (at least his head did), but his nose sure hurt like hell.

Yes, they clearly fit with CH diagnosis, and I've been diagnosed by both the Jefferson Headache Center and the Cleveland Clinic. I do have side issues though that are troublesome, including vertigo, severe dizziness, and numbness in my right hand. It's likely that I have multiple issues, but they all came at about the same time.

I've had traction therapy and it has helped with the numbness, so the problem with my neck is likely the culprit there.

BTW, I bought a CPAP off craigslist from someone who had used it once and couldn't stand it. I used it for a while and it didn't change a thing. I realize there are settings appropriate to each person, but it was a good trial and only cost me $150.

-Chris

Jen, it's good to see you on the board. When are we gonna get together at Dennys again?

I guess a CPAP mask is one of the few things that I haven't tried. I had hell breathing at night for years. The years that I was taking lithium and verapimil.

Once I stopped the verapimil I began breathing better at night...all the time I suppose. I would wake up gasping for air. Absolutely terrifying!

Back then (BS) before shrooms, I would either wake from a deep sleep with headaches or out of air. Either way going to bed was a drag...dreading the nightly terror.

Tell Phil hello from lee Ann and I.

Hope to see you in Chicago.

Chris, it does sound like your neck is the culprit regarding numbness in fingers and hands.

We all, for the most part, have multiple issues. I guess gods not happy with just afflicting us with clusters!!!

Dan

I don't know Dan.  It will have to be after the holidays since we're going to be heading up to Michigan.  It will be fun to have some beers and play some horseshoes.  I'll even let you talk smack to me the whole time again  ;D

I do know that we will have to set something up before Chicago.

Sorry Chris total highjack.  I'll go back to my corner now.