Metallic taste on same side as clusters

JenniferO

Hi there,

I started getting cluster headaches back in 2010. It started with one cycle that still occurs around the end of November to January. Now I get a couple more cycles each year. I’m currently 2 weeks into a cluster and for the past week I’ve noticed this metallic like taste every time I try to blow my nose. It’s the side of my face that I get the CHs. During each attack, that side always gets real congested along with the other common symptoms like face drooping, etc. 

I’m curious if anyone else has experienced this during a cycle. I’m wondering if it’s related. In the past I’ve always gotten a metallic taste with the nasal Imitrex, but I’m not using that this time around as it really hasn’t helped. 

...hi Jennifer....welcome...glad ya found us...

....frequent inexplicable metallic taste in or out of cycle that seemed unconnected to anything (except possibly teeth grinding)..never concerned me, just figured "part of the deal"...

...also...phantom odors....locker room, mold, toast, manure, several more....and an overall enhanced odor detecting facility....since i made my living with my nose it was one of the very few non negative aspects of CH for me. of course, like many other clusterheads, certain odors were a surefire trigger...like zinc welding fumes, some perfumes, and some other strong ones. since CH is a neurological condition, it is not surprising to me as part of CH ....or separate but due to the same etiology...or completely unrelated and coincidental. never discussed with a neuro, haven't seen in the lit beyond the triggering  aspect...

best

jonathan