Emgality

jbk103

Mixed results reported here. Put Emgality into the search bar at the top right and you can see what people have said.

I wouldn't put too much stock in what you see here, though, in terms of forming an overall opinion. It's likely that people posting here will be ones that Emgality didn't work for.

Like CHfather said. It did not work out well for me. The first set of shots did cut my clusters in half for that month. the following few months they went back up to normal. I think that first month was just a fluke and my head was going to give me a little break either way. But if you can get it for nothing with a savings card no harm in giving it a try!

https://www.emgality.com/savings?utm_source=google&utm_medium=ppc&campaign=6506846301&adgroup=79794805364&ad=461349574792&utm_keyword=kwd-531753716301&utm_id=go_cmp-6506846301_adg-79794805364_ad-461349574792_kwd-531753716301_dev-c_ext-61552973760_prd-&gclid=Cj0KCQiAw_H-BRD-ARIsALQE_2NeDuXvHiL1zNpu4E3B0p7pCO-Ds1kHGn3Y59eW5j42gKw55-jGAnYaAunXEALw_wcB

You will most likely get 3 100mg shots to take every 28 to 30 days. You will need 300mg not 100 like migraine  

Emgality blocks a specific signaling pathway associated with attacks in a subset of CH patients. If the mechanism of your CH is on this pathway, then you are likely to get help with this drug; if not, then it's unlikely to have any significant benefit. As FunTimes said, if you can access it free/low cost it's probably worth trying if that's what your doctor's recommending. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/23/2020 at 12:25 AM, Dr. Julie said:

Emgality blocks a specific signaling pathway associated with attacks in a subset of CH patients.

Hi Julie,

Can you share some light on the signal pathway, as my understanding is that the enzymes in Emgality bond with the CGRP and therefore prevent that the CGRP can connect to the receptor causing/triggering the attack. Curious to know as Emgality did not work for me, nor did Aimovig. 

Alex 

• 2 months later...