Psychedelics are apparently "powerful" anti-inflammatories

Bejeeber

I was kind of going off topic a bit over at DMT - First time finding an effective abortive, so I'm moving my tangent touting psychedlics as anti-inflammatories over here.

If I understand correctly, the anti-inflammatory effect of psychedelics is thought to be mediated through the  serotonin 5-HT2A receptor.

Article - Psychedelics as Anti-Inflammatory Agents

Article - "Research has shown that psychedelics, such as lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD), have profound anti-inflammatory properties"

Article - Scientists identify a powerful anti-inflammatory compound in psychedelic drugs

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I'll suggest those of us in busting mode could start thinking about and noting whether we've experienced other anti-inflammatory benefits.

This could just be coincidence, and an account from one lone dude is as anecdotal as it gets, but personally I'm slap-happy to report that following the past couple busts, I've had inflammation symptoms such as lower back pain go poof.

• Like 1

I guess time (with more research, more experimentation) will tell.

Meantime, there's this from https://www.verywellhealth.com/micro-dose-lsd-5077103"....People with chronic pain diseases such as fibromyalgialupus, and rheumatoid arthritis may, according to researchers, benefit from extremely low doses of lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD or "acid").."

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...