Oxymeter readings..

Snowflake

Hi friends.

Hope you all are keeping well. 
I managed to get an oxymeter, mainly for checking both my wife's and my levels during this time of the pandemic.
However, It so happened, the day I got it, I also had a few shadows that showed up during the day as I am mainly nocturnal.
Also I am ECH in season. 

So I checked her O2 levels about 3 or 4 times and it was always at 99%. 
At that point one of my shadows showed up and I tested mine. The results was shocking to me and rather interesting at the same time as I never even got up to 97% and went as low as in the 80s. 

This being said, I decided to test during a full blown attack and my levels was all over the place. It even went down to 68%. (I assumed I should be dead at that point) 
At the same time, I checked my blood pressure and it was lower than than when I checked it before going to bed when I was Ch free at that point.

Also, even when I don't have a shadow or any sign of the Ch, my oxygen doesn't or rarely reaches 99%

I then started O2 during last night's attack and even with the recommended flow rate with the correct mask etc, my O2 took very long to increase, and when the attack aborted, my levels still had not reached past 94%
Switched the oxymeter over to my wife and hers picked up 99% yet again. 

The reason I am posting this is cos I wanted to get some advise on whether I should go for a CT angiogram to check my heart?

Now, this makes me think that it could be that even out of cycle I am not getting the required oxygen like non sufferers.
Seeing that I did have a few head trauma since little and being a sufferer for 25 odd years, and even though the question about why is there remission if this looks like my usual oxygen levels all the time. 
Please excuse me if I am speculating a bit much but these to me, are worth mentioning.
I'm guessing that since I'm a spring sufferer, something worsens due to the moon phase which has an effect on the pressure regarding fluid in my head as well. So the rest off the seasons, are fine cos the climate aspect does not react to the magnitude that it does for me in spring? I dont know. 

These are just 2 reasons I can think off as this is so weird to see upfront especially when I can clearly see that there is no mistake with the readings. 

Any feedback or thoughts will be appreciated and pardon me if anything I did say sounds stupid. 

Other thing is that I am amidst the D3 still and it has really improved the frequency and intensity. I'm so glad I can breath and steal sleep more with each day. Just the leg cramps that get me jumping out of bed.
I read posts here about it but I am still not sure whether to increase the magnesium or stop it for a few days. But the cramps are really hitting hard especially at the arch of the bottom of my legs and my hands. Fingers get locked while I'm writing or even holding a cup of tea. 
I am weening of prednisone still and I know thAt prednisone does cause cramps, but not to this level. First time experiencing such bad ones.

Thanks and keep safe.

14 hours ago, Snowflake said:

Please excuse me if I am speculating a bit much but these to me, are worth mentioning.

I wish I could answer any of your questions, but I can't.  You might PM Batch (whose handle here is xxx) about the cramping.  He's very receptive to questions like yours.

Mostly, I just wanted to thank you for posting this.  Looking forward to responses about the O2 levels from the smart folks.

9 hours ago, CHfather said:

I wish I could answer any of your questions, but I can't.  You might PM Batch (whose handle here is xxx) about the cramping.  He's very receptive to questions like yours.

Mostly, I just wanted to thank you for posting this.  Looking forward to responses about the O2 levels from the smart folks.

Thank you Chfather. This means alot. I speculated before posting. Now I'm glad I did. I wanted to upload the video I took of this happening and the size of the file is to large. I just did the same test this morning as the attack started. I waited for it to increase in intensity. The O2 was at 99%. Then in  9 seconds, it dropped to 87% then 65% then came down to 59%. I managed to keep it together and check my blood pressure quickly. It was at 135/84 at that point. Then ripped the thing of my arm and headed over for O2 as I need to abort mission. Luckily It went off in 7mins. 

D3 is really knocking em dead for the night. Cramps are waking me up. Every hour. I didn't take magnesium yesterday just tobsee if there is a slight improvement bon cramps but maybe too soon to tell. Will leave it out for another 2 days or so and take it from there.

My mission is this O2 thing which has me very interested. I checked during the day yesterday, whilst in was feeling perfect, and it was still fluctuating badly. Very eradic and weird. And I keep thinking it could be the device but my test subjects are always on 99% 

Thank you for replying

You may want to check your breathing rate, the easiest/standard is breaths in 15 seconds x 4. May also want to evaluate efficacy of those breaths, full deep normal, short and gasping. It does not take a large variation in breathing changes to affect pulse ox. I do find the bp odd, at least for me, I have had a full 10 while at the DR, they checked bp during that time (sadly, o2 rarely aborts for me, but will lower intensity) but my heart rate and bp were way high bp was abut 180-90 over 100/120 (normal is about 120/80) high heart rate combined with inadequate breathing can lower pulse ox quite effectively. 

15 minutes ago, devonrex said:

You may want to check your breathing rate, the easiest/standard is breaths in 15 seconds x 4. May also want to evaluate efficacy of those breaths, full deep normal, short and gasping. It does not take a large variation in breathing changes to affect pulse ox. I do find the bp odd, at least for me, I have had a full 10 while at the DR, they checked bp during that time (sadly, o2 rarely aborts for me, but will lower intensity) but my heart rate and bp were way high bp was abut 180-90 over 100/120 (normal is about 120/80) high heart rate combined with inadequate breathing can lower pulse ox quite effectively. 

Thank you. I will monitor it. I'm sorry that O2 is not effective for you mostly. I didn't know about the breathing rate and HBP would have an effect on O2 levels. Interesting.  I will keep monitoring and testing. Today I checked the O2 readings and was all over the place again without shadows or anything. Consistent 99% again when I checked on my wife for same duration. I need to find few more tests along with sticking to the same times I do the tests.  subjects in order to try and find a pattern. Will be in touch. Thanks again

I am not sure about bp and blood ox levels, but breathing inadequately definitely will, so will things like asthma, hx of lung issues, smoking, allergies. The bp comment was simply that mine skyrockets in an attack, but could be because I tend to 'bear down' to try and deal with the pain, while also stifling vocalizations to more high pitched squeals or squeaks rather than screaming.

You may also want to make sure the pulse ox is returning the proper pulse rate for you, check by much the same as breathing rate, measure pulse for 15 seconds then multiply by four, if it is not reading properly, which can be caused by thicker skin, cold extremities, callouses, movement during monitoring, it will return inconsistent readings. Or just watch the pulse indicator while taking your own pulse to see if they match up.