cluster headache doctors in india

amardeep

@amardeep, We had a young man from India who attended the clusterbusters conference in Austin, Texas a few years back....although he's a member here, he's not very active.  I know I've seen your name in the Facebook group and he is a member there as well. I'll send him a message and ask him to either check in here or reach out to you on Facebook if he can help guide you..

Dallas Denny 

• Like 2

Hey Amardeep,

This may be a long shot, but here you go anyway.  The following doctor may be the one you are looking for in India who treats CHers and headache patients.

Dr Renu Mahtani MD
407, Millennium Star,
Dhole Patil Road,
Pune - 411001
Maharashtra, India
Email : mahtani.renu@gmail.com

Dr. Mahtani is a neurologist trained in the use of the Coimbra Protocol. 

https://www.coimbraprotocol.com/the-protocol-1

This is a treatment protocol for remitting recurring multiple sclerosis developed by Dr. Cicero Coimbra, MD, PhD, a neurologist in São Paulo, Brazil.  His protocol is similar to the anti-inflammatory regimen I developed in 2010, with the exception, it calls for significantly higher vitamin D3 maintenance doses and there's a prohibition on calcium intake.  His protocol is exceptionally effective and has a 95% complete remission rate among his patients suffering from recurring multiple sclerosis.

Dr. Coimbra has had a few more years experience treating his MS patients with this protocol than I have with the anti-inflammatory regimen preventing CH.  You can download the posted version of the anti-inflammatory regimen migraine headache (MH) and cluster headache (CH) preventative treatment protocol at the following vitamindwiki.com link. 

http://www.vitamindwiki.com/tiki-download_wiki_attachment.php?attId=7708

Dr. Coimbra has since expanded the use of his protocol to treating patients with autoimmune disorders.  I've exchanged study results with him on the use of vitamin D3 and cofactors in preventing CH and MH.  I've also spoken with a Coimbra trained physician here in the US who has had success in treating chronic headache patients with the Coimbra protocol.

So there you have it.  A long shot, but one with little down-side should you decide to give Dr. Mahtani a call or email.

Take care and please keep us posted.

V/R, Batch

Edited by xxx
  • Like 2

• 4 months later...

I have been replying to Amar every now and then on Facebook and looks like doctors who take care of him don't know CH at all and maybe not even headache disorders in general. I think one good doctor in India would be sufficient. Is there someone in Clusterbusters who we could contact, who could help Amar further (probably not following this message board) ?

Amar has been on high dose verapamil (monitored as required) and has been responding very well to that. His doctor thinks he does not have CH (lacking autonomic symptoms sometimes) and made him stop cold turkey and now CH is back big time. Amar knows very much about CH, probably more than an average doctor and maybe this can be a problem - also being kind and polite does not help if you are not being listened to in the first place.

hello, i live in Southindia originally from Austria. 
i was just about to write a successful busters protocol after 20 years of episodic cluster headache. woooohoooo

After almost 3 years break it hit me again, i was not prepared at all and at the same time completely unfamiliar with the Indian medical system. So i researched for a while to find a neurologist who would know about cluster. it seems that there are a few that might help. But my experience here is also that as a patient you dont really have a word, even if it is your own body! The doctors still are treated like gods in white even if they do something completely wrong....well that is my experience. 

i don't know about Amar, maybe he wants to contact me privately if he needs some support? does anyone know where exactly he lives in India??

thanks, Dora

• Thanks 1