MindMed psilocybin tablets?

MRUPE

Mindmend is a budding for profit enterprise which is trying to study and document the positive effects we all assume are possible from psychedelic use.  I'm not sure if they a publicly traded yet but that is the ultimate intention.  They have been fairly aggressive in obtaining patents.  I believe they are actively seeking non hallucinogenic versions of classic psychedelics.

I wasn't aware they had a product for sale.  

they seem well intended but some of the things they have done makes me suspicious.  Time will tell.

I reached out to their customer service regarding dosing of their capsules. The bottle says each capsule is 125mg of psilocybin. That's not correct though... each capsule is 125mg of dried MM (not pure psilocybin). So, to take 1 gram of MM, you would take 8 capsules. I explained CH busting to them and they said a CHer would likely get better use from their gummies. One gummy is the equivalent of 1 gram of dried MM. 7 gummies for $66. So, I guess 7, 1 gram busts, for $66? Or 3 2 gram busts for $66? 

Now this has definitely grabbed my attention. I don't like MM because of the unpredictability of dosing. I one time ate a single stem and TRIPPED out. Other times I've eaten several mushrooms and barely had an effect. Plus, I've had to get them from "dealers". So, if I could order a product online that has a very predictable dosing / expected effect I would definitely do it. 

@MRUPE, I can help you out with not failing. If you follow this series, it is pretty much error proof. @banano can attest.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGw3oSLhL0k

@Chris Moore, you can solve the problem of unpredictability by growing your own batch and grinding a large batch into a powder. This makes everything uniform and predictable. You then make capsules like the video below:

• Like 1

@Jteira - Thank you! If I can just order it online, I would probably do that though... LOL. A couple of reasons...

1) just easier, I don't have to do it myself.

2) their process/produce is probably more consistent / reliable than whatever I grew/harvested/etc.

3) my cycles typically come every 2.5-3 years, and I've heard the mushroom capsules lose their potency over time, so it would be a little difficult to time the growing/harvesting/etc. However, if I just did them regularly, like every 3 months or something, then I guess that would take care of that problem. 

Anyway - I'm not knocking it! If the RC Seeds don't work to prevent my next cycle, then my plan is to grow MM myself. However, I'm super intrigued by these latest products linked to above. It is also worth noting that I am not worried about the cost of the products,  I know that might be a concern for some folks.

Thank you for the info!! Wishing you pain free time :)

Edited by Chris Moore

I would be very careful and skeptical about getting psilocybin from a "legal source"  Its not legal anywhere but a few places its decriminalized.   Heck getting a "kit" with mycelium isn't even legal. 

If this turns out to be legit its an amazing breakthrough.  Just remember not to get caught in US because the penalties are not forgiving

When you go direct to their web page it doesn't say anything about sale of stuff only investor info and trials proposed/underway

Edited by Pebblesthecorgi
  • Like 1

The website looks well put together till you get to the 125mg of psilo on the label.  That screams at me, they don't know what they're doing..  Sorta scary that someone might think it's OK to take 125mg of psilo.

Just did a quick search.  I guess things in CA have changed since I last read up.  Psilo in CA is legal for medical use.  While it's illegal to sell, posses etc, wiki says Canadian police don't enforce it.

I guess us CH'ers in CA have much better options to get busting supplies than here in the US.  Is the CA-US border still closed?  I haven't seen a snowbird CA license plate on the beach here in FL this year at all.  

Cheers,

J

• Like 1

I have actually purchased stock in MindMed. It is very much so a credible company as they are doing tremendous research on the benefits of both LSD and Psilocybin for drug addiction, depression, anxiety, cluster headaches and more.  They have an ongoing trial for CH as we speak.  Another interesting fact about MindMed is that they have developed an empathogen that acts as an "off-switch" for the hallucinations that may come with taking LSD or Psilocybin, which could help many of those people that are scared to take these due to that very fact. Regardless it is good to see that there is some significant research currently being done to hopefully help everyone with this horrible disorder. I am looking forward to the day that a company such as this receives the green light to distribute world wide.  

good to point out, thank you.  That explains why my corporate filter kept blocking the links.  My comments were directed at mindmed  which is a legit operation looking to commercialize and research the benefits of psychedelics.  My thoughts about buying psilocybin containing products stand.  Appreciate you noticing the "n", old eyes   

Its interesting that mindmend.com is a domain for sale while mindmend.co goes through to the offer.  Emphasizes the need for care before clicking or concluding.

Edited by Pebblesthecorgi

Funny just pulled MindMed up.  WOW 1.1 Billion valuation for a company that just buys psychedelic research from Switzerland and Denmark.  (Sorry in advance, changing subject mid sentence... )  It seems to me like the stock market has completely lost it's mind (no pun intended).  Valuations to stock price on everything is out of this world.  Tesla has a valuation of 167X it's annual projected earnings.  No doubt Tesla will grow, but to say a company is worth now what it's combined net income will be after 167 years is simply crazy...  (ok now back to your regularly scheduled program, ha ha.).  

Cheers,

J

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 2/22/2021 at 8:53 AM, Chris Moore said:

Wait... so you can just order psilocybin on the internet now?! And in very precise dosing amounts? 

If you're in Canada, yes you can. Both the dried product and microdosing capsules. Oh, and psilocybin edibles too, which I didn't even know were a thing.

• Like 1