Has anyone completely stopped their cycles?

Kluster

Hi all, it has been awhile since I posted... thankfully my cycles originally started at about 1.5 year intervals then before I knew about mushroom busting the intervals changed to 3 years... Well I made it 4 years this time, I had been intermittently using mushrooms in between this time period and I think my cycle has started now because I got lazy.... Tripping gets hard especially in grad school. I have started the vitamin D regimen, this is the first cycle that I have headaches where I can continue to work/focus, but that isn’t happening anymore as of yesterday my last three headaches have been worst, but still not "terrible". I'm sure everyone here understands that, you say a CH is a 3 out of 10 you are really talking about the cluster headache scale and not the average pain scale lol.

My question though, has anyone seemingly ever stopped their cycles permanently? Permanent might be hard to answer unless dead people are replying to this thread, but basically I am trying to determine if it is possible, honestly its the ptsd that is hard to deal with, the complete fear after I have a headache and the following tears.

Also random question, do others feel like they can feel their last headache of their cycle? There’s a distinct feeling I get I cant describe that I remember for all my previous final headaches of a cycle, and I was just wondering if anyone felt that. The other headaches just blend together, but for some reason the last one for each of my cycles I can distinctly remember.

....sorry that i can't answer your first question...it's the quest for the holy grail.....

...re "last ha in cycle".....absolutely could.....it was the worst of the cycle.... not a 10 but a pointed pain i can only describe as "exquisite" and unique. i actually prayed for that hit as i knew what it meant. depending on how thrashed i was i would wait 2-3 days for the beer test...2 weeks if my resolve had been too hammered........................

True, you have to be dead to be able to report a permanent end to your cycles, but I know at least one long time CHer for whom the condition appears to have burnt out (no attacks for over 10 years, and no preventative steps taken during that time). 

23 hours ago, xBoss said:

I dose all the time (about 15 times a year) and besides a dentist trip triggering I have skipped three solid years of cycles and counting. 

I just made it 4 years until this cycle, but I have only dosed about twice-four times a year. I got lazy/busy and probably havent dosed since july....

Kluster,

Couldn't tell you how many times I've done that.  I regularly put my doses off till my beast comes back.  Then it's always harder to get it back under control.  I'm a huge proponent of preventative dosing.  I went the majority of 5 years w/o getting hit as long as I kept to my dosing schedule.  When I would get lazy, it always came back.

J

• Like 2

On 2/22/2021 at 6:26 PM, Kluster said:

has anyone seemingly ever stopped their cycles permanently?

As I always say when a question like this comes up, this isn't the best place to get a good answer to that question, because people who have permanently stopped their cycles are not the users here.  There are some good answers in the previous replies about the possibility of pretty-much permanent relief if a preventive busting cycle is maintained, and there might be lots of examples among people who came here and didn't come back of even better successes.  There are similar stories of seemingly potentially permanent results from the D3 regimen.  And, considering all the hype among informed people about the new CGRP medications (Emgality, etc.), it seems impossible to me that there aren't some people who are preventing cycles with that approach.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CHfather said:

As I always say when a question like this comes up, this isn't the best place to get a good answer to that question, because people who have permanently stopped their cycles are not the users here.  There are some good answers in the previous replies about the possibility of pretty-much permanent relief if a preventive busting cycle is maintained, and there might be lots of examples among people who came here and didn't come back of even better successes.  There are similar stories of seemingly potentially permanent results from the D3 regimen.  And, considering all the hype among informed people about the new CGRP medications (Emgality, etc.), it seems impossible to me that there aren't some people who are preventing cycles with that approach.

That makes perfect sense, I have been selfishly inactive over the last 4 years while I have been in remission. Do we have more user information on emgality, it didnt seem that convincing to me. 

I know a guy pretty well that HAD cluster headaches, but they've been gone for about 15 years or so. Pretty amazing.

He thinks it's because he changed his lifestyle (stop doing recreational drugs/smoking)...

With him as the exception, I've never heard of this. Mine went away for about 3 years or so... but they're back now....:(

week 8...

• Sad 1