Post episode "hangover?"

BrainDread

I've been attack free for nearly 80 hours, but over the last day or so I've developed a constant, dull ache behind my right ear and in my right temple. This was the area most severely affected during my attacks. It feels as though I have a slight "cluster hangover" - no attacks, but a constant low-level pain. LSA tea has helped somewhat, but it hasn't completely knocked it out. It's a hell of a lot more manageable and desirable than a full-blown attack, but it sucks nonetheless. My scalp and hair follicles on the right side are sore as well.

Has anyone experienced this?

Oh, yes. Right now in fact. After you have exhausted the usual, like ice, heat, or a sput or some ginger tea, you might try some Tylenol or Excedrin. Sometimes a couple of Red Bulls. Sometimes a Red Bull or any energy drink with Tylenol.

Moving around a bit helps. But taking on a big project isn't good.

Yes, it does suck. I've thrown in some sudafed and antihistamine because it feels like a sinus headache. A few sips of the LSA tea, sounds like a good idea to me.

Or crush 3 or 4 seeds and put under your tongue, for about 20 minutes.

Sounds like I'm reaching for straws. And I am.

If nothing else, it keeps me busy.

Short answer, it is pretty common.         Leslie

ps mine usually go away when the sun goes down.

Yeah, I just figure that when something like that goes ripping trough your head, there's gotta be damage to recover from.

It's actually been a justification for taking preventative or abortive meds for me in the past, since some of the meds felt like they did less lingering damage than an actual attack would've.

I took one LSA drink (25 crushed corymbosa seeds steeped for an hour in cranberry juice) and it mitigated it a bit. But it didn't completely subside. I drank a second, identical mixture, and it knocked it right out. Feeling awesome (read "pain-free") with no high feeling or trippy sensations from the LSA preparation. Man, that stuff is a miracle cure!