Episodic increase after J&J COVID vaccine

DG Shane

Just checking to see if anyone else had an increase in their episodic attacks after getting the J&J vaccine. 

I received mine on March 11. On March 13th they started again after a 7 month remission. I noticed they were coming at varying times, and as time progressed, more frequently. On Easter Sunday, I had my worst day with 5 attacks, all at about a 7-8 in intensity.. After Easter they started to decrease, and for the past 3 days I haven’t had an attack.

Anyone else have a similar reaction?

• 1 month later...

I've been wondering the same about the J&J. I've heard quite a few anecdotal stories of the mRNA vaccines triggering migraines and headaches in general (haven't heard about clusters specifically, but then again I don't personally know anyone else who gets them), but have heard basically nothing about the J&J. 

On 4/14/2021 at 12:18 AM, DG Shane said:

Just checking to see if anyone else had an increase in their episodic attacks after getting the J&J vaccine. 

I received mine on March 11. On March 13th they started again after a 7 month remission. I noticed they were coming at varying times, and as time progressed, more frequently. On Easter Sunday, I had my worst day with 5 attacks, all at about a 7-8 in intensity.. After Easter they started to decrease, and for the past 3 days I haven’t had an attack.

Anyone else have a similar reaction?

Hi! My husband got the Moderna vaccine and the day of his first shot a new cycle started, just 20 days after a previous 1-month cycle ended, but on the other side.

we of course don’t know if this is because of the vaccine or just a coincidence — previous to these two cycles this year, he had been CH free for 2 1/2 years...

the day of the second dose of Moderna was insane... 5 hours after the shot he had a 3-hour attack that was not aborted with a sumatriptan shot and had him yelling and rocking back and forth non stop — it was super scary.

• 2 weeks later...

I received my first dose of moderna on March 19th.

by the time of my second dose on April 9th I had begun having shadows and have been in cycle ever since.

have been in remission for 2.5 years and always got them in late summer before this year.

coincidence?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...