Did COVID vaccine trigger CH cycle?

Paula

Hello. My husband went through a painful one-month cycle on the right side. Three months ago. After +20 days pain free, he got the first dose of the Moderna vaccine and a new cycle started same day, on the left side this time.

we do not know if it is related to the vaccine or just a coincidence.

Has anyone had a cycle triggered by the Covid vaccine?

thanks 

This has been discussed in other threads.  I don't think there's a definitive answer, but I think for most people the vaccine wasn't a major trigger.  Since there are several threads, you can see them by typing the word vaccine into the search bar at the top right of the page.  Not sure you'll learn much, except that reactions vary.

• Thanks 1

I had fever and was very tired after the second jab. No hits for either one fortunately. I did wait until I was well past my 'normal' cycle for a few months.

I don't know for sure, but most of what I have read said 'no problem'. 

Did he begin another 'cycle' or experience 2-3 hits after the shot and then it quit? As in, he had a rogue hit or three?

He got his first vaccine dose less than a month after his cycle ended... and this dose triggered (or not, but was the same day!) another cycle — on the other side — and has been in a brutal cycle for the last 4 weeks (had second dose today)

Hey Paula, I can’t speak for the vaccine because I haven’t received mine yet. But I did get diagnosed with covid last week, and my CH have been unrelenting. I am chronic, and may-sept are particularly bad for me. So it might just be a coincidence? Hope your hubby feels better soon! 

kat

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, kat_92 said:

Hey Paula, I can’t speak for the vaccine because I haven’t received mine yet. But I did get diagnosed with covid last week, and my CH have been unrelenting. I am chronic, and may-sept are particularly bad for me. So it might just be a coincidence? Hope your hubby feels better soon! 

kat

Hey Kat, I think I read elsewhere on this board that you are based in Miami? 
We live in Hallandale and I am trying to get oxygen but not sure where I should start...  do you have any insights? Thanks so much!

6 hours ago, spiny said:

I had fever and was very tired after the second jab. No hits for either one fortunately. I did wait until I was well past my 'normal' cycle for a few months.

I don't know for sure, but most of what I have read said 'no problem'. 

Did he begin another 'cycle' or experience 2-3 hits after the shot and then it quit? As in, he had a rogue hit or three?

5 hours ago, kat_92 said:

kat

1 hour ago, Paula said:

We live in Hallandale and I am trying to get oxygen but not sure where I should start

You have a prescription for medical O2 and you're looking for a supplier?  I ask because often a doctor who writes a prescription will have a preferred O2 supplier.

Or are you without a prescription and looking for welding O2?

@Paula

i got lucky and my primary care doc prescribed an O2 tank. He has since retired and I’m hoping to get my neuro to prescribe it in June when I go for my visit but I’m really keeping my fingers crossed. I am not sure about welding o2. I know there is someone else on the forum based in FL

• Like 1

I don’t think the vaccine itself will worsen a cycle.  I do believe other states of inflammation will mitigate how bad a cycle can be.  The injections do incite an immune response which is variable between individuals.  The second shot seems to bring on more symptoms in people who have reactions.  It’s even worse in folks who had the virus and chose to get the vaccine.

I do think its worth considering the vaccine because COVID itself releases such an aggressive immune/inflammatory response it’s bound to exacerbate a cycle or make a chronic more miserable.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...