Taking the Botox plunge

I have decided to take the plunge and try Botox to try and get my migraines under control. I feel that if I can get my migraines under controll I will be able to put a cap on my clusters. The reason I feel this way is because I have migraines at least 3 times a week and I have never had a cluster event without having a migraine. I go for my first treatment Monday, I will give updates on what happens.  

• Like 3
Posted (edited)

....good luck! years ago i was the patient of a research neuro that did early studies on botox for migraine. she told me they were delighted with results. had asked to be included in the study....cuz why not?.....she told me "oh sorry, it doesn't work for CH". i sadly smelled money as the market for M beats CH....sigh. keep us informed, i have heard of it helping some of us.....

Edited by jon019
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

A little update. I was having migraines everyday for about 2 weeks before the Botox. After the Botox injections I had some small headaches but they never got bad and went away on their own. Sunday night I did have my first migraine since the Botox injections. I think it is to early to call it a success, I will keep updating weekly. 

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Update number 2. The botox has changed the area that my migraines hurt, they have always been very intense in the eye much like my clusters are just not as intense. Now the migraines are more spread out over and around the eye. A little less painful but still there. I had a three day migraine which is not uncommon for me and it changed sides toward the end of the third day and went away some time in the night. They say that I need to give it 3 treatments before I can make a definitive its working or not so 90 days is the target. The fact that it has changed the pain from intense eye pain to around the eye is encouraging. 

• Like 2