Frequently asked questions?

Ricardo

Hi Folks :) 

I've been talking with Ben Malcolm (https://www.spiritpharmacist.com/about-me) about doing a piece on cluster headache meds and interactions with psychedelics and it sounds like they are going to go for it.  They were already planning on doing a piece on migraine meds but after hearing about the huge amount of evidence behind psychedelics for cluster headache he decided to make it a piece on cluster headache.

One thing he could really use is a list of frequently asked questions so I am trying to help him out with that and I figured the best way to get a good list is to ask the community.

Any and all questions are appreciated.  I'm sure he won't address them all, but the more questions the better.  Feel free to private message me with any questions that you don't want to post.

Thanks for helping out with this! 

-Ricardo   (AKA Brendan :D)

• Like 1

Hey Ricardo!

Are they wanting questions on how prescribed meds interact with MM and such? Questions on which meds are okay with MM and RC? 

I want to help, but am somewhat at a loss here. The only big one I know of off the bat is the licorice root protocol and MM. What is safe, if anything.

Please, give me a bit more to go on. 

Thanks! :)

• Like 2

On 6/1/2021 at 3:27 PM, spiny said:

Hey Ricardo!

Are they wanting questions on how prescribed meds interact with MM and such? Questions on which meds are okay with MM and RC? 

I want to help, but am somewhat at a loss here. The only big one I know of off the bat is the licorice root protocol and MM. What is safe, if anything.

Please, give me a bit more to go on. 

Thanks! :)

Hi Spiny!

Ben's specialty is pharmaceuticals and psychedelics, so anything in relation to that.   Questions about which meds are okay with LSA containing seeds, MM and LSD would definitely qualify.  Also things like the possibility of serotonin syndrome, what medications have the ability to "block" receptors, and questions about tryptamines in general would all qualify as well.

I am not so sure how much he knows on herbalism and things like licorice but a good friend of mine teaches herbalism courses at UMASS so for that I am sure he can give us some good info on it.  But I have to admit I am out of the loop on this one and did not know that anyone had come up with a "licorice protocol"  Can  you send it to me in PM Spiny?

And on the subject of questions that he may not be able to answer, If people have questions that he can not help us with, I'll still try like hell to get the answers from somebody so don't hesitate to ask anything :) 

-Brendan  (AKA Ricardo :rolleyes: )

• Thanks 1

CHF provided the link for Licorice Root protocol, so you have that now.

Definitive answers on can you take melatonin with MM, since that is a recurring question.

How much Verap can a person be on and still get relief? Currently we think that up to 360 as a daily dose will not block. The straight and skinny on that will help! Like why does x amount block and b amount not block? The 'Why' would be awesome

Which of the antidepressants are compatible? Many are on them in some form. 

This link: 

has a lot of info that we run with. It seriously needs an update!!! There are new drugs and there is new knowledge that needs to be incorporated and this post by Tommy is quite old, so some meds are not listed at all! It would be very helpful to me to understand how certain meds affect tripping and WHY!! Then I could use the chemical structure as a guide if desired. 

And is 'shutting the door' accurate? I can vouch that too many SPUTs prior to a bust will ruin the bust. The logic behind the theory is good. But is it true and for how long are the receptors blocked? Is it person dependent? Do certain meds change that or is it a constant not a variable?

Personally, I would like to know the chemical structure of a molecule that will disrupt a bust!! :) That can be looked on an a needed basis if we knew the molecular structure that will interfere and why it does cause issues! I suspect that there might be more than one, but perhaps there is a simple visual that shows the 'why' of it? As in will tab A fit into slot B? 

I will think on this some more Brendan! 

• Like 1