Vitamin D protocol: was your improvement even or did it fluctuate like improvement does with busting?

trjonas

For anyone who has been successful in eliminating their clusters with the Vitamin D protocol: once you started to see it improvement, did it steadily improve until the clusters were gone or did it fluctuate as you got better, with some days worse than others? As with busting: when the first and/or second day might be worse and the remaining three days better and better?

My first try with the D3 was not a success story. I was in the middle of a viscous cycle. In addition, when I added the B vitamins, my tongue peeled That was in response to the B12, which is notorious for causing that mess. However,  I noticed that my hits ramped up more slowly and were a bit more mild. That was nice.

The next summer, I had my D3 checked in August and found it to be about 63ng/ml. In the trash for working in the sun all summer! So, I began the regimen again, minus the B. My cycle never showed, Granted, I did 'other' stuff to head it off too, but it was the first year with no cycle for me. 

Then, I stayed on the D3 year round. It has been a huge help! Even eliminating some cycles completely! :) 

It seems that when people begin taking the vitamins, their hits become more mild and easier to deal with. Then, they go away. It make take a week and it may take 3. It's a personal thing.

I have not heard of people having issues like slapbacks at all with D3. Initially you may get some days are better than others kind of thing. But when it kicks in and your D3 levels are high enough, the whole mess can just melt away

Initially you may get some days are better than others kind of thing. But when it kicks in and your D3 levels are high enough, the whole mess can just melt away

That's exactly what I was hoping to find out! That's what's happening to me (some days are better than others). It's taking longer for me, I've been on the new Vitamin D protocol since April 23, but my condition is really refractory. Thank you, @spiny

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, spiny said:

You are most welcome!! The regimen can be a life saver!!! 

Yes, some take longer, but I a delighted that you are sticking with it to gain the full benefit!! :wub:

ATB!!!! You are not far away from me!! 

Cool! Where are you, @spiny?

NC. Mountains!!! West. :) But hey, I was in Hickory when Charleston sent us a hurricane over a decade ago!!!! Had two tornadoes go past my house - one on each side. Good ole Hugo!! My house was the only one with all trees still standing.

• Like 1

For every success story there is a counter balance, like mine.

After consulting Batch I started the D3 last year March as I was looking for a solution to decrease my intake of verapamil before my next cycle would start. After 1,5 month my blood serums were at par and removed one 120mg verapamil to 600mg daily dose (plus naratriptan, sandomigran), hoping the D3 would keep the beast at bay. What happened was not what I expected, my cycle started and ramped up to sometimes 12 attacks a day. Did the Emgality, GON injection, prednisone but all to no avail. On a certain month I had >240 attacks (pic below). Also my normal cycle was extended from 5 months to a full year now and in between I had to up my verapamil to 720 again. Still I am in the aftermath of my cycle, and actually scared this will roll over into a new one which normally happens around May/June.

Alex

Capture.JPG

Edited by Cast Iron
  • Sad 2

On 6/6/2021 at 2:53 PM, spiny said:

NC. Mountains!!! West. :) But hey, I was in Hickory when Charleston sent us a hurricane over a decade ago!!!! Had two tornadoes go past my house - one on each side. Good ole Hugo!! My house was the only one with all trees still standing.

You're right, that's not too far from me! Go Carolinas. :)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Cast Iron said:

For every success story there is a counter balance, like mine.

After consulting Batch I started the D3 last year March as I was looking for a solution to decrease my intake of verapamil before my next cycle would start. After 1,5 month my blood serums were at par and removed one 120mg verapamil to 600mg daily dose (plus naratriptan, sandomigran), hoping the D3 would keep the beast at bay. What happened was not what I expected, my cycle started and ramped up to sometimes 12 attacks a day. Did the Emgality, GON injection, prednisone but all to no avail. On a certain month I had >240 attacks (pic below). Also my normal cycle was extended from 5 months to a full year now and in between I had to up my verapamil to 720 again. Still I am in the aftermath of my cycle, and actually scared this will roll over into a new one which normally happens around May/June.

Alex

Capture.JPG

Oh my!! That's terrible!

After 1,5 month my blood serums were at par 

If you don't mind me asking, when you say "at par," what was the number? e.g. 90, 125, 150...?

Hello Trjonas,

No worries, but yes I have a big beast to deal with, constantly and never ending story. As a chronic I try to keep it caged with all the medicines, D3, changes to my daily habits and foods, but it's strong and comes out to 'play' very often. Have to say though that i am getting very tired, but can't let it win. Optimism is a virtue. As for my lab results, the first one is the the baseline, on the second Batch gave his 'blessing' that the numbers were at par:

-D3:                       64 - 211

-B12:                     88 - 128

-PTH:                    2,2 - n/a

-Calcium:             2,47 - 2,26

-Eosinophil:        0,1 - 0,1

-CRP:                     8 - 6

All the best

Alex

@Cast Iron Hi Alex, I hear you! Mine seems to be a very big beast indeed too, but I think I am finally seeing some light at the end of the tunnel. Between many busts (I'll have to look but I'm at between 10 and 20 busts including ketamine initially) and the Vitamin D protocol on steroids (I've been taking 100,000 IU daily with Batch's blessing and some additional supplements he recommended), just this week I was able to decrease my prescription medicine by 1/3. I never even dreamed I'd ever be able to do that.

The reason I asked about your levels when you tried dialing down the verapamil is that Batch also told me earlier on that I was at a sufficiently high level to come off my Rx. I tried and it was *real* bad. I mean: REAL BAD. But three weeks later when my levels were much higher, I tried it again and that time I was able to cut the Rx by a third (as above) and still sustain my improvements without feeling any worse. It's been almost a week on the lower Rx dose and so far so good!

So I wonder if like me, you were actually told to cut your Rx too soon. I'm willing to get my D levels up to 300 if I need to, because my condition is extraordinarily refractory. At my last lab test, which was about three weeks ago, I was already well past 150.

Your mileage may vary (some things that work for other people on this forum and others don't work at all for me) but I wonder if you could get your Vitamin D levels up that high and then be able to dial back the verapamil without adverse results?

• Thanks 1

@trjonas

In the last years I have tried to lower my verapamil and every time I ended up in really bad cycles. It's like my system really needs a certain level of verapamil to keep it at bay. You can also say that I have built a dependency on 720mg (I was on 840 in one bad cycle), and I won't deny that. So I took the plunge into the D3 to hopefully break the dependency and cause I had read so many success stories about it. But like you say, for some it works for others not. Upping my intake to levels above 300...well I have to read up about it because I do not know what the (side)effects might be.

But if this works for you, then I could not be happier for you. Cutting a third on your meds does probably mean you'll have a significant part of your normal life back.

All the best

Alex

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/10/2021 at 4:05 PM, Cast Iron said:

@trjonas

In the last years I have tried to lower my verapamil and every time I ended up in really bad cycles. It's like my system really needs a certain level of verapamil to keep it at bay. You can also say that I have built a dependency on 720mg (I was on 840 in one bad cycle), and I won't deny that. So I took the plunge into the D3 to hopefully break the dependency and cause I had read so many success stories about it. But like you say, for some it works for others not. Upping my intake to levels above 300...well I have to read up about it because I do not know what the (side)effects might be.

But if this works for you, then I could not be happier for you. Cutting a third on your meds does probably mean you'll have a significant part of your normal life back.

All the best

Alex

This was me 10 years ago. At my chronic phase I was on 720-1100mg verapamil daily. To me the "dependency" was also keeping CH non-stop; keeping me chronic. I never got relief from Batch regimen (Vitamin D protocol) as long as I was on verapamil. Looking back now, for me use of steroids and triptans also made it impossible to create a PF break with vitamins. At the very end of my rope I was forced to do the detox from prescription meds to be able to start busting. It's a road I probably could not walk twice in one lifetime. But now that I'm free from Rx, D3 protocol is only thing I need to keep me pain free and have busting to use should things go bad. I have serious heart issues from verapamil and back then could not do any exercise any more, sometimes not even walk or stand (due to heart and BP) so I'm very satisfied with this change.

PF wishes to everyone ^_^

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Tony Only said:

This was me 10 years ago. At my chronic phase I was on 720-1100mg verapamil daily. To me the "dependency" was also keeping CH non-stop; keeping me chronic. I never got relief from Batch regimen (Vitamin D protocol) as long as I was on verapamil. Looking back now, for me use of steroids and triptans also made it impossible to create a PF break with vitamins. At the very end of my rope I was forced to do the detox from prescription meds to be able to start busting. It's a road I probably could not walk twice in one lifetime. But now that I'm free from Rx, D3 protocol is only thing I need to keep me pain free and have busting to use should things go bad. I have serious heart issues from verapamil and back then could not do any exercise any more, sometimes not even walk or stand (due to heart and BP) so I'm very satisfied with this change.

PF wishes to everyone ^_^

@Tony Only Wow! Thank you for this. It's *very* encouraging. That makes me want to come off the indo all the way. I'm down to 50 mg daily from 225 mg, but I think I can go all the way.

I too am doing the Vitamin D protocol (very high dose in my case, as I seem to have multiple conditions and they all seem refractory, e.g. 100,000 IU daily, with a whole bunch of cofactors, under @xxx / Batch's watchful care), and busting, with help and guidance from the generous @Jteira. Here's to complete healing!

• Like 3