Can a cycle end with weeks of minor pain?

Paula

Hi everyone!

my husband is still in a cycle that began 2 months ago and that has been the longest and most brutal ever. 

The weird thing is that for the past 20 days he has not had any full blown attack but instead woke up every day with minor pain and stuffy nose. Some days the pain tries to sneak in during the day but stops.

Have any of you experienced something like that? A brutal cycle that instead of ending abruptly lingers for weeks with minor pain instead of attacks?

thanks for sharing your experience!

...mine a bell curve with slow ramp up...plateau...slow ramp down...and one last blaster at the end. considered myself fortunate in that i knew the "pattern" so could make plans for battling or getting on with life. whether this is his pattern or not only experience will tell...tho interrupting that with a preventive (busting, D3, verapamil) certainly worth the effort....

Edited by jon019
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, jon019 said:

...mine a bell curve with slow ramp up...plateau...slow ramp down...and one last blaster at the end. considered myself fortunate in that i knew the "pattern" so could make plans for battling or getting on with life. whether this is his pattern or not only experience will tell...tho interrupting that with a preventive (busting, D3, verapamil) certainly worth the effort....

Same here. I find myself saying wow I'm getting off easy with these clusters for the first couple few weeks then it really gets bad. Tapers down in the end. Today I only had one attack that was about a seven. Working on day 70ish of hopefully no longer than 90. Glad it's getting better for him Paula!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1